The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS speed limit defencer

Demon

Help plz i've just got a HKS sld (the one for the auto box)16 wires and instuctions are in Japanese. If anyone knows somewhere on the web i might be able to find a set of U.K. fitting instructions.

Ash, Justin said you might be able to help me on this one if i'm realy stuck???

Quote: from Demon on 10:26 pm on Oct. 21, 2001[br]Help plz i've just got a HKS sld (the one for the auto box)16 wires and instuctions are in Japanese. If anyone knows somewhere on the web i might be able to find a set of U.K. fitting instructions.

Ash, Justin said you might be able to help me on this one if i'm realy stuck???

I'd be *really* interested to hear the response to that one.

Quote: from Demon on 11:12 pm on Oct. 21, 2001[br]Err am i pushing my luck :confused: ???

There's a small matter regarding someone making a *big* deal about Pete Betts using material on his web site that was created under one of many aliases by the originator of the material under his *real*(?) name.

That same person was provided with a copy of the Japanese-English translation that I spent 8 hours on, working with a Japanese manager from the Honda factory in Swindon, and was told to keep his possession of that document private and confidential.

What you've just done is to identify that he cannot be trused to keep a confidence and that by the fact that Justin believes he will help you out, that he is prepared to use that information against my specific request and the basis under which I supplied the document.

I think I can speak for the rest of the BBS by thanking you for exposing yet another little hypocrasy.

Uh ho can you tell i'm new round here :shocked:

sorry but Justin just said that Ash was the Daddy when it came to fitting Supra tuning bits and said if anyone can help me set it all up he can. Bearing in mind i spent a lot of money with him and he did'nt want to see me cock it all up!!!

I dont know about any of this document translation stuff i just thought if anyone out there knew where i could get the info he might?

I dont want to get involved with the politics of this i just want to fit the sld if i have to pay someone to fit it OR pay for the translated instructions then so be it :shocked:

Quote: from Demon on 11:51 pm on Oct. 21, 2001[br]Uh ho can you tell i'm new round here :shocked:

sorry but Justin just said that Ash was the Daddy when it came to fitting Supra tuning bits and said if anyone can help me set it all up he can. Bearing in mind i spent a lot of money with him and he did'nt want to see me cock it all up!!!

I dont know about any of this document translation stuff i just thought if anyone out there knew where i could get the info he might?

I dont want to get involved with the politics of this i just want to fit the sld if i have to pay someone to fit it OR pay for the translated instructions then so be it :shocked:

I have not, as yet, placed this document in the public domain and if anyone wants to use it for commercial gain, they will have to pay for the consulting time it took to translate it (not for the document which is copyright HKS).

Does any part of this post look familiar Mark?

Not wanting to go against the grain here. I'm actually going to point you to a few pieces of help.

http://www.trlperformance.com/dsc.html

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/speedo.htm

watch out for the page

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/oddetail.htm

(This is the page that's caused so much hassle over the last few days)

Sorry but there is nothing specific for the HKS SLD only my TRL DSC (Digital Speed Converter) but the basic principles apply.

The extra wires on the Auto version of the HKS SLD are really a waste of time in my opinion but we won't go into details.

Regards

Pete

http://www.trlperformance.com

Quote: from TRL Performance on 7:57 am on Oct. 22, 2001[br]The extra wires on the Auto version of the HKS SLD are really a waste of time in my opinion but we won't go into details.

Regards

Pete

http://www.trlperformance.com

Mark knows that now Pete and he has everything he needs.

He's got the HKS SLD already and might as well use it. There's nothing *wrong* with the HKS SLD as a speed limit remover technically. It might have one or two wires which don't play a role on the JZA80 but it's build quality is excellent, so there's no reason for Mark *not* to use it.

I know you know that, it's for the benefit of anyone who might mistakenly think there's a *problem* with the HKS SLD. I recognise your Speed converter does the job of both the HKS SLD and the additional speedo conversion required, which of course is ideal for those people looking to fix a bad job properly (e.g. Simon). For people like Mark who are happy with their exisiting speedo conversion and simply want to remove the speed limit, the HKS SLD *will* do the job.

And as I said, he has everything he needs to do that.

Ok thanks guys think i've got all i need now, just depends on how my KPH/MPH conversion has been done, talking of which my speedo only reads up to 100 mph on the clock face can i get one with a higher reading, i would like to fit a set of Justin's white dials if poss????

Paul.........

Justin asked me this morning if I there was any chance I could supply the UK connection info. I clearly said to him that there would be some difficulty in my doing that as you had specifically asked me not to distribute the documents.

Yours,

J

Thats dead right Paul, I didnt realise there was an "issue" about

the UK instructions until Ash told me today, seems there has

been some confusion here.

If you want something in return for your 8 hours work translating the Jap instructions, perhaps HKS will offer you something for them?

Of course, life would me much simpler is HKS translated them

for us in the first place.

Justin, it's not worth it mate.

How about the puncture, did 'ya fix it?

Kinda takes on a whole new meaning of throwing your kid around. :)

Best wishes (as always),

J

No, it didn't fix the puncture  8-(

The glue wasnt strong enough to hold the patch on;

got desperate and ended up holding the patch whilst

trying to melt it on with a ligter ,

but just ended up burning my finger  8-(

Might try and superglue the patch on next, but knowing my

skills ill probably end up glueing my finger to it and being

taken to hospital to have it surgically removed!

Quote: from Demon on 6:55 pm on Oct. 22, 2001[br]Ok thanks guys think i've got all i need now, just depends on how my KPH/MPH conversion has been done, talking of which my speedo only reads up to 100 mph on the clock face can i get one with a higher reading, i would like to fit a set of Justin's white dials if poss????

Er 'scuse me. Your speedo only reads to 100MPH? That's a joke right, or you thought you were in the Supra and actually you were in your wife's Fiat Panda?

Please take a digital photograph.

contact Aroo (Justin has his details, I've lost them)

I fitted some white dials to his car last night and removed the old speedo dials. These were the stock Jap ones and read up to 180MPH (180KPH but the KPH is covered with a MPH sticker)

So this would easily solve the problem, and I'm sure he's sell them cheap.

We seem to keep repeating this speedo thing over and over again. Why's it not in an FAQ or something?

Pete

Pete