The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU help

Jonboy

try the ecu reset. If this doesnt work then a boost controller would seem to be the way forward to me (I've got a manual one here you could borrow if it helps...)

thanks for the offer mate il bear it in mind, we have already reset the ecu,

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gzaerojon

am i right in thinking the ristrictor ring should keep a simular boost as before which you would need to prevent over boosting, so then when a boost controller is fitted you can raise the boost.

the bc would only raise boost above the level that the ristrictor ring is holding it at.

are you running a boost controller?

am i right in thinking the ristrictor ring should keep a simular boost as before which you would need to prevent over boosting, so then when a boost controller is fitted you can raise the boost.
The restrictor should stop the boost going over 1.1 bar (or so) but the boost isn't getting anywhere near that anyway, even with the restrictor removed.

the bc would only raise boost above the level that the ristrictor ring is holding it at.
If everything else is ok, a boost controller can raise the boost from stock up to practically whatever boost you like, regardless of whether a restrictor is fitted.

are you running a boost controller?
No, but he shouldn't need one. The car should be overboosting already seeing as it's got a full decat and (now) no restrictor ring.

Strange, id suggest using a Manual Boost controller and increase the boost with out the restrictor ring and see if that works, if it does then buy an EBC.

il try it with out the 5zigen cat back 2moro( and really p*ss off the locals!:p :) ) and if it still wont boost up then think that is next on the list mate

TTC is true twin conversion where the turbos run Parallel instead of sequential, its a simple case of switching some pipes over depending on which method you go for,

its normally used to diagnose faulty iacv valves and other boost problems, word of caution be wary of the car overboosting as TTC and BPU on a J Spec can result in this.

IMHO TTC rocks....only if your manual, ask Nic, ask Ray or me lol.

Boost comes in hard at 4000RPM which is more controllable and the exhaust note almost as good as single.

I've just changed it round to TTC following the instructions at http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/andy.htm and it boosts fully now. So what does that tell us? I think Jon would prefer to run it in sequential mode really.

What does the fact that it won't boost above 0.8 bar in sequential mode but boosts like mad in TTC mean?

I've removed and checked as many of the rubber hoses as I can reasonably get to but they all seem fine.

Any ideas?

Excellent. So whats the drawback of going TTC then? Not many folks on here seem keen on it. I think I can remember CW saying that j-spec ceramic turbos dont last very long whilst in this mode?

it is exellent the car flys now!!:D

but in my case we have just bypassed the problem whatever it is rather than fixing it which is not ideal.