The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight adjustment

Rolec

Did my first proper bit of night-time, round the country lanes driving, since the car has been lowered.

Frightened the life out of me !!

My dipped seemed to finish about 3 foot in front of me...

I've now adjusted them up. Does anyone know where the should be.

i.e. parked 2 metres from wall - top of beam 1mtr up wall ??

Thanks

Dean..

Dean I had the same problem as you when I first got the car. Posted on the main list  but no one took any  notice.

When the car  is MOT'ed the lamps have to be with in upper and  lower  limits. I suspect yours was  at the lower limit, as you have subsequently adjusted your suspension it may have made it worse.

I got my friendly MOT tester to stick mine to the upper limit as they were  just  on the lower  limit, dangerous as far as I was concerned. I hardly need to use main beam at all now. A huge improvement, I get flashed regularly as well, so I know they are  working.:biggrin:

I do have a chart somewhere, I will see if I can photgraph it and  send it to you. so you can get  close to the correct setting. You need to do the adjustment with some one sat in the drivers seat.

(Edited by Phil Wall at 3:29 pm on Oct. 30, 2001)

Dean, if you do a search on MOT +UK or something like that, there is a goverment website (or at least I think it is a Gov one) that gives you all the MOT requirements. I used to have the link saved in my favourites folder, but I can't find it at the moment.

I had a look at the body-electrical manual but it appears the alignment details are not given for some reason.  

Yours,

J