The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Supra Twin Turbo VVTI in Gun Metal Grey 42500 Miles

Supraudi

I dont want to do this as I only bought the car in February this year. But circumstances change.

This is a 1998R VVTi Facelift Manual TT Supra imported by JIC in July 2003. The previous owner bought the car in Feb 2004. When I bought the car it had done approx. 41.5k miles. I have only put 1000 miles on it. I am the 3rd owner.

The car did have the very special 'Shark' nosecone, however I took it off as the car could go nowhere as it was too low.

I should probably also note that I still have the first catalytic converter and a new set of boot rubbers which you can have with the car, should you need them.

Modifications done by the previous owner:

• Chris Wilson Decat pipes
  • Chris Wilson Custom Suspension
  • HKS Hyper Silent Exhaust
  • Toyota Side Spats and Skirts
  • APEXi Boost and Oil Temp Gauge in A-Pillar pod.
  • Bee-R Rev Limiter
  • RaceLogic Traction Control with Launch Control
  • Clifford C650 Alarm with Intellistart
  • Alpine CDA-9833R CD/MP3 Player
  • Blue LED Dash conversion (courtesy of Emin)
  • TRL FCD and Delimited

This car has been properly serviced by a variety of the friendly garages of members on here and all work carried out since I got the car has been of superb quality from the likes of Chris Wilson, Matt Harwood, etc...

The best servicing parts used, like CW Fast Road pads, IK24 plugs, etc...

MOT until June 2007, Tax until Aug 2006.

Since I have had the car, I have added the following:

• HKS Dump Valve
  • Original Front Bumper with Active Spoiler
  • UK Bonnet Scoop
  • 18" Super Advan Racing Wheels with Good Year Tyres (Plenty of tread)
  • Complete Leather retrim in 2 tone Grey/Black with TRD logo
  • UK Glass Headlamps with HID Xenon kit
  • TRD Fuel Cover and Gearknob
  • Leather Gaiter
  • TRD Badge and VVTI Badge to rear
  • Supra Stainless Steel Blanking Plate
  • New original Supra Carpet Mats
  • Stainless Steel Battery Cover

I also have the following that requires fitting:

TRD Spoiler with Carbon Centre Sides

Apexi SAFC 2

Walbro Fuel Pump

All in all, the car has cost me £16,000 4 months ago. Almost forgot to say that as soon as I bought the car, I had it serviced. All work carried out by Turbofit.

And now I have to let it go. As you are all aware its so hard to say what the car is worth. Therefore I am taking offers to see if anyone on the forum is interested before I stick it in Ebay. I had originally planned to keep the car for a very very long time. It sucks man as I am now after a Chrysler Grand Voyager. Anyone got a diesel 2003 onwards wanted to part ex?

Hope u guys like the car. And please serious offers only. NO TEST PILOTS!The car is mint and runs fine. Not a penny will need to be spent on it. Well apart from sticking the extras on.

Nice car but it seems very odd that you have fitted a uk bumper and glass headlights?, what was wrong with the nice facelift front bumper and headlights?

The previous owner Tazuk had a different bumper fitted, it was replaced.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26392&d=1136807732

I prefer the UK look. Personally I think the facelift headlights still make the car look old. Anyway with regards the bumper, it was way too low. Could not use the car anywhere.

I sold the nosecone and Blitz wheels. They were in need of a serious refurb. With regards the price, I am asking for nowhere near the 16k I spent on it. Someone will get a bargain!!

Any particular reason for wanting to sell it so early, you only bought it in April?

I know someone who may be interested, he's after a VVTI 6 speed but he's away on holiday at the moment. :)

I dont want to sell it, but I really need a 7 seater as soon as possible due to another addition to the family. My estate is not big enough unfortunately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.