The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can a supra sound like a TVR

ardasaliah

... it's a tuned/bored/stroked Land Rover engine...
Buick might have a word or two to say about that .... :)

NOTHING sounds like a "proper" cross-plane V8 (or a V-twin bike). I subscribe to the theory that the offbeat firing pulses are a reminder of your mother's heartbeat.

Cheers and OK point taken. The TVR sound is not entirely possible- Can anyone recommend an exhaust that will 'burble' rather then 'drone' if you get what I mean. i also what it to be quite when Off the power and cruising.

No straight six engine really burbles (I'm getting a real feeling of deja vu here :))

I like the sound of my RSR, I suppose you could kid yourself that its burbling when ticking over. I don't think its noisy when off the throttle, but TBH, I don't think any exhaust can be too noisy :D

The turbos do a good (if you like that sort of thing) job of silencing so even without any exhaust, a standard TT isn't going to be really noisy.

If you live close to me,. you could alway come down and hear the RSR next to the TVR, to give you some idea of noise levels.

As I said before, the TVR is noisier than the Supra, but I'm looking to make it a lot noisier than it is.

As far as I'm concerned the sound of a V8 on open headers is aural sex :D