The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fixed my air con!

squiffy

was quoted approx:

£250 to recon my compressor (could be more)

8 hours labour = £360

New drier/filter = £70

leak test & re-gas approx £60

to a total of about £750 :( am seeing if I can get this done a bit cheaper, but still gonna be at least £500)

J

Jesus, for that price I think I would stick to opening the window if I got hot lol;) :D

i am a fridge / air con engineer so i have all the gear i need in my van. i pressure tested with ofn (oxygen free nitrogen) up to 150psi, then i have a vac pump to pull it down.

i have never had any experience with the disposable bottles but if you put it in too much too fast you can damage your compresor by giving it liquid instead of gas. plus you need a set of gauges so you know what is goin on in there!

*makes a note for when mine needs doing again :) *

CJ i was meant to be down getting mine done too....but broke bracket to hold my bumper on when removing old bumper.....so still no air con :(

I was due to meet Jake too but Squiffy finished so quickly I was away before Jake got there.

Highly reccomended though - nice guy and well knowledgable on all things "fridgeish"! :D

what time was you there, i was aiming for 11ish, so would of finally met ya and you could of heard your old exhaust on an NA. Ohh well day will come one time.... like next year when im DEFINATLY doing the gumball....gutted im missing this year now :(

I got there at about 10.15 and left by 11.30. In a way you are lucky you missed me as you would have been gutted to hear the sound coming from my latest exhaust - American muscle car sound personified :D

you would have been gutted to hear the sound coming from my latest exhaust - American muscle car sound personified :D

All i got to say is

Decat should be coming this week

+ NA +Ti exhaust

It will be like having a straight 6 with a scaffold pole for an exhaust :D pure engine note :cool: (till i put the baffle in im sure)

im sure ill catch you at one of these meets make, im gonna try and make more this summer like the strip (brunington or something) if it happens again, i wont run but just turn up to watch and get a few rides :D

• 4 weeks later...