The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much bhp to take on a ferrari modena?

Guest peachy

Guest peachy
supras dont need nos to beat ferraris havent you seen the fast and the furious:p

yea but wasnst that a 355 i cant remember? i can keep up with them easy in my scooby but this 360 is alot quicker! :(

Guest peachy
Performance

0-60 mph: 4.3 s

0-100 mph: 9.8 s

0-1/4 mile : 12.6 s @ 114 mph

Top speed : 191 mph

wow no wonder it leaves me once were makeing some proper speed! i always have ago though (as you do),shame its not round some twisties then id show him! lol :)

Guest peachy
yeah it was...ah well nos it is then:)

lol as much as i want to,i really really do i just know it'll go bang and a 2k plus bill for a scooby rebuild is scary!!!!!! much rather trade it in and get a 3 lt twin turbo'd beast! ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
2 ton?

The Ferrari 360 has 400 BHP, but not so much torque 275 lbf·ft

A BPU Supra might be enough, not too sure. You would definately have more torque.

surely that cant be correct, my miserable scooby had 306bhp and 270 ft lbs torque

Guest scotlandsoop

yeah i had a 95 wrx i loved it but looking for a supra now aswell, i was always worried about it going bang,heard load of stories and i actuall knew 2 oeople it happened to

Guest Flat4_ire
yeah i had a 95 wrx i loved it but looking for a supra now aswell, i was always worried about it going bang,heard load of stories and i actuall knew 2 oeople it happened to

that scoobynet forum would 100% TURN YOU OFF buying a subaru! the exact opposite of this site, all i ever heard on that site was "my god dont do this" and "run it on this fuel to this spec" etc or it will go bang, i tuned mine a bit and gave her some booting and she never blipped on me once! not even a hint of anything wrong, guys just fucking wreck them great cars :D

Guest peachy

for the money the scooby is an amazing car but if/when it goes wrong its just crazy! i recently had a recon gearbox,new clutch,cv-joint,pads all round and a service and got a couple of pence left out of £1800 and thats getting it fitted with a guy i know on the cheap :blink:

took me 3 months to just find the right blo*dy gearbox!!!!! :tongue:

for the money the scooby is an amazing car but if/when it goes wrong its just crazy! i recently had a recon gearbox,new clutch,cv-joint,pads all round and a service and got a couple of pence left out of £1800 and thats getting it fitted with a guy i know on the cheap :blink:

took me 3 months to just find the right blo*dy gearbox!!!!! :tongue:

And you think a Supra will be better why?

LOL! If you get a 6 speed soop, then 1800 notes for a recon gearbox, clutch and all of those bits would be a bargain.....

that scoobynet forum would 100% TURN YOU OFF buying a subaru! the exact opposite of this site, all i ever heard on that site was "my god dont do this" and "run it on this fuel to this spec" etc or it will go bang, i tuned mine a bit and gave her some booting and she never blipped on me once! not even a hint of anything wrong, guys just fucking wreck them great cars :D

never considered the idea that you might have been fortunate? I've seen and known of several subaru's die with serious engine internal death at various levels of tune. Either way, for the same bhp it's never going to be as strong as the supra or have so much left in reserve.

Performance

0-60 mph: 4.3 s

0-100 mph: 9.8 s

0-1/4 mile : 12.6 s @ 114 mph

Top speed : 191 mph

That doesn't seem particularly good considering the power and weight, does it? According to the above, it's 5.5 secs from 60-100mph. I know my BPU supra (auto) will do it in 5.1 secs. Unless that's just down to extra gear changes in the Ferrari.

Flat4- an M3 makes 268lbs/ft from 3.2 litres, a TVR T350C makes 290lbs/ft from 3.6litres and a Cerbera 4.2 makes 330lbs/ft from a 4.2 V8- so 275lbs/ft is the ball park from the Ferrari mill.

What really chucks a spanner in the works is the gearbox, which is why an S2000 and keep up with a 4.0 TVR Chimaera when it's engine is half the size- the S2k does have more peak power, but it has 50lbs/ft less torque. Yes in a 5th gear roll-on from 30 the TVR will slaughter it, but in a balls out thrash they are equal. Torque on the ground is what counts.

Guest Flat4_ire
And you think a Supra will be better why?

LOL! If you get a 6 speed soop, then 1800 notes for a recon gearbox, clutch and all of those bits would be a bargain.....

ehh yeah but scoobs are known for gearbox probs, the getrag 6speed box is one of the strongest boxes ever made dude..

Guest Flat4_ire
never considered the idea that you might have been fortunate? I've seen and known of several subaru's die with serious engine internal death at various levels of tune. Either way, for the same bhp it's never going to be as strong as the supra or have so much left in reserve.

no i dont think i was fortunate, i think i drove the car hard at the right times, serviced it correctly with no corner cutting etc etc, they are very strong engines, and are great fun to top it all off

no i dont think i was fortunate, i think i drove the car hard at the right times, serviced it correctly with no corner cutting etc etc, they are very strong engines, and are great fun to top it all off

the one I saw blow up big style at goodwood was preped by professionals... anyway I stand by the fact that they are far more highly stressed than the 2jz-gte, hence why the supra is such an ideal car to tune up. With the smaller 2l engines it starts getting very very expensive to get passed a certain bhp point (i.e. the whole engine internals needs uprating with the best) and even then their lifespan can be dubious if tuned too far

Guest Flat4_ire
the one I saw blow up big style at goodwood was preped by professionals... anyway I stand by the fact that they are far more highly stressed than the 2jz-gte, hence why the supra is such an ideal car to tune up. With the smaller 2l engines it starts getting very very expensive to get passed a certain bhp point (i.e. the whole engine internals needs uprating with the best) and even then their lifespan can be dubious if tuned too far

yeah deffo, im talking about standardish ones, they are tricky up high and cost major wonga to get up proper power too and not worth the fecking hassle, sups are possibly the best cars to tune, skyline gtr following close second