The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Computers - Your Choice

Alex

Lotus have some world class engine test facilities but I don't know their full capability.

As they have a hand in producing something like 1 in 10 of all road car engines out there.

I wonder if they have the facilities and whether they would charge the earth to rig up the engine to get it mapped? Maybe Darren of my future Father-in-law will be able to clarify this.....though thinking about it I believe Lotus's best engine test facility is in the US!!! Bit far to travel really!

ash, in summary are you saying that this AEM ECU can be set up (fueling & ignition) by tuners in general (engine in) or is this just something, that with the luxury of time and your ability u can do for yourself. what i mean is that if i took mine to a local tuners they would spend part of a day setting it up and that would probably be it, but u could modify and tweak settings over weeks of test driving.

I dont have a massive power car but this ECU still seems to me to be good buy. I intend swapping the cams, decat, injectors, fmic & boost control. I cant see how these things can be done without this ecu properly. If though, this ECU will need an engine out dyno to be any better than the stock ECU at running these mods, its a complete waste of time (unles you've got many many £1000's going spare).

PS what i mean by set up in the first paragraph is road spec not race spec, ie. not lean at 16-18psi, and not rich.

PPS ash, would u be considering offering this service (setting up AEM ECU) to bbs members at all and if so what sort of cost would be involved.

Quote: from eyefi on 1:22 pm on Nov. 28, 2001[br]ash, in summary are you saying that this AEM ECU can be set up (fueling & ignition) by tuners in general (engine in) or is this just something, that with the luxury of time and your ability u can do for yourself. what i mean is that if i took mine to a local tuners they would spend part of a day setting it up and that would probably be it, but u could modify and tweak settings over weeks of test driving.

I dont have a massive power car but this ECU still seems to me to be good buy. I intend swapping the cams, decat, injectors, fmic & boost control. I cant see how these things can be done without this ecu properly. If though, this ECU will need an engine out dyno to be any better than the stock ECU at running these mods, its a complete waste of time (unles you've got many many £1000's going spare).

PS what i mean by set up in the first paragraph is road spec not race spec, ie. not lean at 16-18psi, and not rich.

PPS ash, would u be considering offering this service (setting up AEM ECU) to bbs members at all and if so what sort of cost would be involved.

Not sure about the ability aspect, but the luxury of time does have its advantages.

I have to refrain from commenting on "tuners in general" because the rundown of my experiences would cause me to use such derogatory language I'd be thrown off the list.

What I am about to do is highly experimental in nature. Therefore, it is not something I can offer as a legitimate service. Well, not at moment.

If things work out then I *may* be able to take on a car or two and see how we go.

Yours,

J