The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Optimax up to £1 per ltr again

Sharpie

9 billion of that will be taken by the corrupt African officials buying fleets of Mercedes. I love the way my taxes get spent...... :search:

I might sound a bit selfish here but surely we would be better off trying to educate our own children, fixing our own hospitals, and try to rebuild our crumbling armed forces. oh yeah and house some more of our people instead of asylum seekers.

Nope....there are oil fields being dicovered all the time...and Canada has as much oil as Saudi Arabia...but it's trapped in sand from which it's harder to extract. Now that oil is more expensive it's more econimically viable to spend the money on extracting oil from Canadian sand.

So it won't run out soon, but yes oil seems to govern everything which is a shame.

The problem with oil is not in the quantity that is available, it is in the lack of available means to transport it where it is needed (if you don't believe me, go try and buy an oil tanker!...), due mainly to the diversion of many tankers to China and the Far East. And bear in mind that Chinese refineries (around 120 of them) are only able to secure enough crude to work at 25-30% capacity.

Until there is a worldwide increase in the number of available vessels the situation will continue indefinitely.....

The US will have their pipeline to the west soon so that will free up some tankers.

Completely agree with the comments about Iran and the Euro exchange, as usual the media aren't telling us the facts. There's been a good dicussion about this on the GTR board, worth a read:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=52583

I'm not saying he can be trusted with them, but if I was the president of Iran I'd be looking to get my hands on Nukes too. It's the only way to protect yourself, I'd like to see Bush pick a fight with North Korea....

He's made a right mess of Iraq and if he goes for Iran then things are going to get very bad indeed. With an increasingly unstable middle east, combined with increased demand from countires like China and India, not to mention our outragrous fuel tax, it's only going to get a lot, lot worse.

You know the real rub here...

Petroleum is a bi-product, which is hardly worth the big boys time on the forecourts.......

The real money in processing crude oil is in the production of the hydrocarbons for plastics etc. that we all consume......

Governments, oil companies? Petrol taxes?..They're havin' a laugh.........