The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice Supra At Auction

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

You can not bring a car in via Ireland or the Channel isles.If you do the car needs to undergo a SVA or DVLA(which it won't pass).I've tried Jersey as a loop hole but it don't work.I can bring any car i want in here but it will not be able to be imported to the UK.There is one option tho but it's long and painstaking.Not worth it unless you really,Really want the car.

Guest Flat4_ire
The draw back is that if you want to register the car in Ireland, it is not free, we have a fairly hefty VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) which is calculated at 30% of the estimated market value of the car (usually the trade price)

Have a look at https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

Fill in the details and you're looking at a couple of thousand Euro in VRT which may negate any saving you may think you are making.

VRT on 95 rzs twin turbo is only 1100 euros man

Guest Flat4_ire
Custom job.

yeah it kinda reminds me of the midnight purple the skylines come in with a candy vibe to it, looks the fecking business anyway!!

Guest Flat4_ire
Maybe, but we can import a 95 rzs over here with only needing an MOT and not an SVA.

yeah i know that, we get robbed over here, sure tax for the year for the supra in the uk is something like 250 quid?? its 1100 euros here which is like what, 800 sterling?!?!??

yeah i know that, we get robbed over here, sure tax for the year for the supra in the uk is something like 250 quid?? its 1100 euros here which is like what, 800 sterling?!?!??

i thought our road tax was still kept at £175 and the new £220 only applied to 4x4 vehicles registered after 2001, anyone else confirm for defo :(

Guest Flat4_ire
i thought our road tax was still kept at £175 and the new £220 only applied to 4x4 vehicles registered after 2001, anyone else confirm for defo :(

what are you sad facing about? its fucking over 800 quid here for the year, and we have BRUTAL roads

what are you sad facing about? its fucking over 800 quid here for the year, and we have BRUTAL roads

Yep,

i pay 1100 euro tax a year,

my brother pays 1400 euro tax a year,

and my ol' fella pays 1100 euro tax a year ... all on road tax.

And the roads around here are ABSOLUTE SHIT! Thats Ireland for ya!

Guest Flat4_ire
Yep,

i pay 1100 euro tax a year,

my brother pays 1400 euro tax a year,

and my ol' fella pays 1100 euro tax a year ... all on road tax.

And the roads around here are ABSOLUTE SHIT! Thats Ireland for ya!

shocking aint it!

not fussed what other people pay in other countries,

when i was over in dublin and surrounding area about 2 years ago the roads were a damn sight better than over here, compared to where i used to stay in edinburgh now thats shocking roads

Yes, did mine online today and it was £175

cheers cj at least thats one less exspense, unless its delayed till september or something

Guest Flat4_ire

when i was over in dublin and surrounding area about 2 years ago the roads were a damn sight better than over here, compared to where i used to stay in edinburgh now thats shocking roads

cheers cj at least thats one less exspense, unless its delayed till september or something

roads here are absolutely appaling, its a known fact we dont get what we pay for! i mean €1100 for road tax for the year and the state of the roads, joke of a country

Dublin is another story, only cos its the capital, Im sure london is the same. 80%(thats not an exageration either) of roads about this area are patched up or dug up.

ok this Model Report business.

you cant import 97 Turbos - nothing to do with transmission. Fails on emissions on the Turbo models. The NAs just about make it. Emissions regs get tighter as the years go by. If you did manage to scrape through on emissions, it'll only be applicable to 97 - 99 (or sommit), cos the regs get tougher thereafter.

I've been through all this (believe me - I had a 98 VVTi stuck at port for about 7 months, even considered tunneling!) ... and there aint no loopholes anymore - only favours.

o and cost - if you get through first time you're looking at about £3500 - if you fail, then there aint no rebate. You would own the rights to the report and others would pay, say £250 to use it, to get their Supra through ESVA - then you can register it for UK roads.

Dublin is another story, only cos its the capital, Im sure london is the same. 80%(thats not an exageration either) of roads about this area are patched up or dug up.

take a proper trip round edinburgh, even the roads that tourist go on are in a state, pot holes may get covered up in ireland or dug up, but in edinburgh pot holes remain pot holes, there is no fixing of them and that is a sorry state, outside edinburgh where i stayed its the same, its a joke as my street is like it has been bombed with the size of the pot holes, and what do they spend money on ??????????? speed bumps that are not even high enough to stop a steam roller

my neighbour who is a bit of a dick and deserved it got his suspension ripped off with a pot hole in the next street, so the council came and filled them up with sticky tar, 2 days and they were emptied by cars goign over them

£10 billion is generated from road tax and only appx 1.8 gets spent on the roads and running the dvla