The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going Supra shopping

Mike M

Thanks guys for the pointers. I will be walking away if the trade price doesn't suit. i wont be letting mine go for peanuts just so he can make a couple of grand profit. The hardest bit really is I have no idea what mine is worth, auto trader prices are all over the place from 5500 to 9995 and it's not as if glasses/parkers guide would be able to help, well i dont think imports are listed in there.

:D I'll bet he was impressed by that. My mate scared a saleman senseless in a corolla t sport on the back roads he knew well. After the drive the saleman explained how the new model wouldn't be in stock for a few weeks but the demo was for sale.

My mates words " why would i want one thats been thrashed" :D

Just back from the garage, nice looking supra, paintwork a bit scratched in areas, dent in the bonnet too. It did have uk brakes. I was offered 6k for mine and he knocked 1k off the silver one which i thought wasn't too bad a deal but it's a grand more than i anticipated paying so i don't have the spondoolies yet. I almost bought a 1993 RZ auto from him with 38K on the clock but i backed out he wouldn't budge on the price or even negotiate for a years tax instead of 6 months.

So i'm in no real rush so i'll try selling mine privately and see how things go.

Just back from the garage, nice looking supra, paintwork a bit scratched in areas, dent in the bonnet too. It did have uk brakes. I was offered 6k for mine and he knocked 1k off the silver one which i thought wasn't too bad a deal but it's a grand more than i anticipated paying so i don't have the spondoolies yet. I almost bought a 1993 RZ auto from him with 38K on the clock but i backed out he wouldn't budge on the price or even negotiate for a years tax instead of 6 months.

So i'm in no real rush so i'll try selling mine privately and see how things go.

mate be very patient and save even more, the supra is not going to go out of fashion tomorrow, so get yourself a few more £££££ and get a good one, dont let the urge rule you, as thats what happened to me and i jumped in and have now spent nearly 3.5k sorting it, be very very patient

Guest Supersonic
My mate scared a saleman senseless in a corolla t sport on the back roads he knew well. After the drive the saleman explained how the new model wouldn't be in stock for a few weeks but the demo was for sale.

My mates words " why would i want one thats been thrashed" :D

heheheh...good story..

I did the same some 10 years back when I took a 2.8i V6 Capri for a test drive one Saturday. I had the garage dealership YTS yoof with me, and as I'd had one previously, I was well aware of the 'tricks' with a live-axle! I accidentally fishtailed it off a roundabout and nailed it all the way down a dual carraigeway, as 125 leptons in 4th, and was about to move into 5th when my old man tapped me on the shoulder (he was in the back) and said "I think you'd better slow down a wee bit son, 'cos the lad's about to shit himself all over the recaro's"....when I noticed he'd already punctured the leather seat bolsters with his fingernails holding on for dear life..

Oh, and I didn't buy it...2nd gear was knackered from towing!