The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vid of HKS T51 Turbo

AshBhp

Guest dee_rz
Ash, I love that sound!!!!!!!!

that guy who broke the diff, was me :(

I wil hopefully upload a video of mine today as it came back yesterday after 8 months, hmmm now where is the noise maker?:D

i spoke to you before your run, that sounded mental i could hear the turbo alone a mile off....... gorgeous gorgeous sound, what kinda build do you guys have to take these turbos, mine is built and was tempted to go for one of these but felt i wouldn't be able to use it to it full potential unless i raise rev limit which i'm not a fan of doing (well i will a little but not to 8k plus just 7200) as the stress on the con rods are increased greatly gone for something slightly smaller but still 800bhp capable :cool:

i spoke to you before your run, that sounded mental i could hear the turbo alone a mile off....... gorgeous gorgeous sound, what kinda build do you guys have to take these turbos, mine is built and was tempted to go for one of these but felt i wouldn't be able to use it to it full potential unless i raise rev limit which i'm not a fan of doing (well i will a little but not to 8k plus just 7200) as the stress on the con rods are increased greatly gone for something slightly smaller but still 800bhp capable :cool:

Dee,

Providing you have taken care of fueling and management, etc you will defoe use the full potential of these turbos. :cool:

the first two turbos below will be a, ''WTF'' experience. :D The third, don't ask.

Depending on what you use your car for, Street and Track, HKS TO4Z is great as this tubby spools quick and hard.

Track and Drag, the HKS T51 KAI BB. No need to raise rev limit ;)

Drag, the Daddy HKS T51 SPL, like the one 1100hp and CRD use :)

I hope this helps you to decide. :sly:

I agree with Ash,

The T51R KAI is a big turbo, and with the right modifications to the engine can push put around 1000ps, the Supra displacement is fine for spooling this turbo, but its probably as big as you could go for track/road cars, as the power band is starting to get narrow, although the rpm seem to vanish really fast!

The T51R SPL takes more effort to get it to boost as its slighty larger, this turbo is mainly used for drag applicatons, although I have seen a Supra when I was last in Japan running a 3.4ltr T51R SPL, I'll update you all when this car smashes its PB:

My HKS 3.1 conversion spools the tubby at about the right RPM for launching as I still have the 8000rpm,

You need to see the stage 3 turbo that Ash is on about, its the y2K, and it can run a proven 1,500ps potential!!!!

• 10 months later...