The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone got pics of a Supra's nitrous install?

Bob

I have a WON single fogger at the 'mo. I'm back on 25 jets ready for tunning (as the car has had a few bits changed) in the next month. I intend to get it up to 75 jets, but has to be tunned first on 25's then 50's then 75's.

Shaun.

I have an NX Direct port kit 150-350hp. I will be using a 150 shot (6 x 25hp) it will be controlled by the motec and I hope to use a window switch so it comes on at a certain RPM and shuts off before the rev limiter...

At least that was the plan before my transmission problems which is going to push the NX install to the bottom of the 'To-Do' list..:rolleyes:

thank you, clarky it ruins the pistons

FFS would you PLEASE learn something about a subject before you start talking shite?! Nitrous doesn't ruin engines, fuckwits do.

The only difference between direct port and single injector is that the direct port has a single injector in each inlet, which means a nice even distribution to each cylinder. tbh, on 50 or below I'd imagine the soop's distribution would be pretty good; I'm thinking DP for anything more just in case of a lean burn in one or more cylinders.

Was hoping for pictures of what people have under the bonnet as in injector placement etc. :)

Though, I didn't say direct port N2O melts pistons. :innocent: But do you need to uprate your internals (pistons, rods, rings etc) for max reliability ?

I only ask - because I geniunely don't know! ;)

It's the same as with any power upgrade mate, it depends how much extra power you want. There's no magical chemical reaction or owt, just more power. If you go above 50bhp then ideally you should go progressive (e.g. starting at, say, 30% of the nitrous, ramping up to 100% over a few seconds) as this means it's a lot easier on the engine - an easier way is to think of it a bit like impact loading; if you want to put alot of extra power through suddenly, t'll be bye-bye stock internals! A bit like going from no boost to full boost in a split secong on a single tubby conversion.

Only way it'll melt pistons is if, as with turbos, the fueling is wrong and you run too lean - I've seen the results of a badly done Zex set-up where it has burned a hole straight through one of the pistons! Similarly, one of the guys over on the WON forum and the celica club has an old gen 5 celica with stock internals, 150bhp as standard. For the last couple of years, he's been adding another 150bhp of nitrous. Because his set up is done properly, he has never had any problems.