The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How fast is too fast?

Dash Rendar

kind of a different question but do any of the BPU peeps use their car as a daily driver...?

I do :D And when the singles on i will continue to use it as a daily drive.

I always thought when i got my car in it's standard form that it was already fast and i wouldn't do any upgrades. 2 years later here i am, on the edge of sticking a single on :D

Too fast is when you don't feel confident behind the wheel anymore.

A car is never to fast it will only go as fast as you tell it to.

That is very true, in that respect a 1000bhp monster would be fine but it does rely on two things:

absolute self control

a sensible power delivery (i.e. unpredictable surges in power are asking for trouble and could catch you out)

given that, anything goes :D

It does have a lot to do with the composure and attitude of the car- my mates Cerbera has about 330-350bhp, certainly no more than that, and unless you are on the motorway, and it's bone dry and smooth, you can't use full throttle- ever. The back just wants to over take the front all the time. My Supra would waste it on a B or small A road, and probably a major A road too infact.

I was also a passenger in a 996X50 at Bruntingthorpe- that car is the 'absolute' of useability, even with 450bhp - a chimpanzee could drift it, with one hand. A Tamora I drove felt like it could take another 50bhp, yet a Tuscan with the same bhp felt over engined and completely scarey, as did a 993TT that was modified and stripped out.

I would mention how awesome Tel's car is, but I say it every week and I wouldn't want people suspecting him of posting me £50 notes every day (or worse).