The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Sizes

Gordon F

I'm interested to know if you all run the same rim sizes front and rear.  Mine are 7.5x17 front and rear. Tyre sizes are 235/45 . 17 (F) and 255/40.17 ®. The 7.5 is stamped on the rim and is the tyre bead width and not the outside rim width. I would be grateful for any comments on this.

Quote: from Gordon Flynn on 12:23 am on Dec. 22, 2001[br]I'm interested to know if you all run the same rim sizes front and rear.  Mine are 7.5x17 front and rear. Tyre sizes are 235/45 . 17 (F) and 255/40.17 ®. The 7.5 is stamped on the rim and is the tyre bead width and not the outside rim width. I would be grateful for any comments on this.

Your rims allow you to use stock size tyres, so if you are happy with the look, stick with it. You probably have a weight gain over the rest of us. Doubt you could safely move to wider tyres though.

(Edited by Phil Wall at 12:40 pm on Dec. 23, 2001)

Love the website Steve!!!! Good (lack of ) effort! I'd just like to make sure that we are all measuring rim width in the same place. Are we all talking about bead width? I've seen 'caliper' type measurers used on wheel balancers which measure the outer rim width, but I don't think that this is the actual wheel dimension. I'd just like to clarify this before I rush out and buy new tyres and wheels!