The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Stock wheels - nice or rubbish?

Mike

I put 19" Kahn 2 piece on mine. The car actually runs pretty well on them. It may wander very slightly on really bumpy B-class roads, but I don't drive on them so problem cured!

God knows how much money I am losing selling them with the car.:rolleyes:

very old but i have to say it

Now they are nice wheels :eyebrows:

this is exactly what im planning for mine.

get them refurbed and repainted, i was thinking a more stainless steel type colour tho.

does anyone have any pictures of any other stock rims that have been repainted? would be good to see

the only only other mags that i think look good on a supra are those lexus gs300 sport alloys (i know, big call :p )

Mine were restored/resprayed before I bought it two years ago.

I soon got bored of the centre caps tho - I thought they looked quite dated (old type that is, facelift looks much better imo). It's a more agressive look with them off. Only works if the bit behind the centre cap is clean & tidy! I also silver sprayed the part of the hub that shows in the middle.

What do others think of doing this?

sup2.jpg

sup3.jpg

Sup1.jpg

Mike what did you go for in the end?

What was the question again?

Well... I decided that I hate a lot of the aftermarket wheels around, and the only ones I *really* like are the black chrome Weds ones that Nic sells....

..so I decided to stay on my 16"s and wait until I had a spare couple of grand to get them.... which, the way I'm going... will be like never.. :D

Ive got a set of prefacelift UK 17's on mine (a jap import, not sure how they wound up on there but hey!) they dont look bad for standard wheels.

As for resale, depends on personal pref, everyone likes different things, what one buyer might find the bees knees another might think looks appauling, so if you want after market ones, get the ones you want, and keep the standards in the loft should you come to sell it :D