The mkiv Supra Owners Club

manaul n/a ecu

GazzaGSi

Not really, ive been reading your problem it is weird.

The worse part is probably at the end it will be something simple, i hate it when its like that!

Your doing right investigating yourself, i always hate to think how much it cost for garage to look at something like this! If i get any ideas mate ill post up.

James

Ive blown £45 on a mobile mechanic, £60 at a garage and in total over £50 on parts they recommended and it still isnt right so im going to go though everything myself. May take me awhile but will end up being alot cheaper in the long run. Plus it will give me a better understanding of the car and what goes where anyway.

Cheers

lol

It can happen anytime at all. Its been fine all week and then went to start it last night and got half way down my road and it happened.

I do not know if you have downloaded the clip in the other thread but at the end of the clip you can hear how it sounds when it switches in to this 'faulty' mode. Its sounds awful, with no power and will not hold the revs if I let off the throttle.

One of the reasons though why I think it is the ECU playing up is because it only started happening when I jump started another car - possibly spiking it or something. I have since heard its best to keep the blower on so if there is a spike it will just spin them fasterand not damage anything else.

Cheers for your help.

Gaz

im wondering if you damaged the ECU and it loses the MAP because uve burnt out a solder track on the board, it cant get the map sometimes (i.e get access to chip) and thats why it is intermitant.

If the new ECU fixes it, it may be worth pulling other ECU apart and fixing track (if possible), put it back in your Car and test, for peice of mind that definatly was the problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.