The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New DVD Head Unit

Supra-Dupra

Something new to add...

I would have bought one of these if they were out when I got mine:

http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/dvd/DVD-393.htm

I have had a few bad reviews of the brand but I think they are great. Very good sound quality, and cheap pricing, they even have a selection of different models that I would think have the same back end and a different face as they all have the same spec. They look like rip offs of different makes. There is one just the same as my old panasonic fx45 stereo.

Gonna put a reversing camera on to it aswell ! Trouble is i dont want any holes for the camera in the body nor and bits hanging on to the rear that can be nicked !! may do it internally on the roof inside just beside the back window ! Any ideas ?
Why not drill the number plate instead? I'm sure you could find a big enough expanse of black on one of the letters to hide the lens...

mmmm.....piccies....PLEASE ! ! :yes:

Just got mine in today, just got it all done before dark just in time to see it LITE my heart up !! :)

Ill take some pics morrow and stick em on here !

The sound is 50% stronger than the last one and about 15% more than the Kenwood one that was in it when I got the car !

Monitor is class anyway, fitted that ages ago.

Next step camera in licence plate perhaps !

Sorry guys, I forgot all about the pics!

I have just taken some 5 mins ago, its dark outside so I did the best I could with a flash.

Incidently I have another monitor forsale like the one in my car. Its a kenwood kvc-1000. 6.5" touch screen monitor with navigation input.

One thing about the one for sale is that it is italian. Everything is the same as the UK one, except when you go into setup for screen angle, colour, contrast, brightness, those types of things are in italian....takes about 10 seconds to work out what is what though so no worries.

Easiest way to see the specs of it are by looking at the kenwood manual:

http://kenwood.nl.nt.ims.hr/languages/EN/support/manuals/KVC-1000%20(EN).pdf

If you are interested PM me.

It doesn't have the brain unit with it though, just the monitor. You will only need the brain if you want to use the radio on it or the built in TV tuner (which I have not used). Then again there is a radio on the dvd player so problem sorted :more:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

No. The head unit touch screen only works for kenwood sat nav, kenwood cd changers, and if you get a hideaway brain you can use DAB radio.

The TV tuner is built into the headunit and you don't actually need the hideaway, just some diversity antennas which you can pick up for £10 a pair (two pairs for best reception). I have these but have not installed them.

you are a bad man!

My wedding coming up and I am suppose to be not spending money.....wait a minute, I am going to HK for my wedding and I guess I can get it while I am there :)

I should have a drink with Nic while I am there :)

:eyebrows: :eyebrows: You want it !! You know it !! whole lot cost me about £200 including postage !

• 3 months later...

I am back from HK and I came back with a head unit :)

I got the one with USB and sd slot, installed it and so far so good!!! It doesn't sound as good as my old sony unit but then my mp3s and divx downloads are not good copy anyway.

I am interested in buying a motorized screen and I am interested in the one that show a black flat front when screen fully retract

attachment.php?attachmentid=27802&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1138821552

where and how much???