The mkiv Supra Owners Club

95 aerotop

Supradan

Anything special i should be looking out for on tt`s?

read the FAQ's fot TTs. Watch out for signs of the roof seals leaking on aerotops - damp carpets, watermarks on seat or carpet, badly misted windows etc. If the roof does leak its easy to fix, but the water damage is a PITA.

Yea just got back from looking at it.......Not sure!!!

It was imported in late 1997 by its only owner but there is no history at all

I have got previous owners name and address so will contact him and find out what happened to history.

Well the car looked ok outside,small scratch on drivers door and front bumper,the interior was very shabby but seats and carpet was ok.

The engine started ok and was quiet but checked air filter and it was filthy so not been serviced for a while

The aerotop leeked very slightly and has stained some of the plastic in the back still not a major problem

Without the history i wont touch it as its been in the uk for nearly 8 years and should have reams of paperwork,hopefully previous owner can shed some light on that

Overall it just didnt look like it had been looked after and it was wet so i didnt bother to take it out for a drive,i will update when i know more from last owner.

Its well worth 7k if i can get history

I have rung previous owner and he is going to look through his paperwork to see if he can find history if he does i am getting it

Have found out that the car came into the country through castle motors and that last owner was only owner in uk,the car was 2 years old on import.

Its definatley a genuine car just needs some tlc

Well here is an update on the aerotop,i spoke to the previous owner today and he cannot find any history for the car and was very vague about where he got it serviced from,it sounded like he just didnt bother which was reflected in the condition of the car,so long story short have decided to let this one go and save up a bit more.

Cool thanks guys

Afraid i only have 2.5k cash plus my n/a so bolts car is out of the question.....unless he is willing to p/x it for 7.5k lol:whistle:

52...i have been to southwest imports before to look at a skyline and was not impressed with the quality of there cars also all there sports cars seem to have 50k miles!!! bit sus if you ask me ,they cant verify any of the mileage either.

I may be wrong but alarm bells were ringing

Cool thanks guys

Afraid i only have 2.5k cash plus my n/a so bolts car is out of the question.....unless he is willing to p/x it for 7.5k lol:whistle:

52...i have been to southwest imports before to look at a skyline and was not impressed with the quality of there cars also all there sports cars seem to have 50k miles!!! bit sus if you ask me ,they cant verify any of the mileage either.

I may be wrong but alarm bells were ringing

seem to have the same problem lol

That was aimed at you and bolts and any one else who doesnt want a n/a in px (unless it sells real quick in which case i will be interested)

Nice looking car though