The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Updated Web Pages

THOR Racing

Please find new sections on my personal web pages showing pictures of the odometer and conversion of the Jap sepc to UK spec by moving two surface mount resistors, active spoiler assembly (tray,arm and motor units), the headlight bulbs and how they differ from the 9005,6 standard plus pictures of my boot hatch rubbers (replaced at the weekend)

http://www.trlperformance.com/supra

sections

"Speedometer Conversion" and inside at the bottom is the odometer stuff.

"Active Spoiler"

"Rear Hatch Rubbers"

"Headlights"

all in the "useful stuff" section

Hope it's of some use to some people.

Also if you're into bikes, while I'm here take a look at http://www.trlperformance.com/bikes.html , Terry Steele has some for sale. Don't contact me though.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, the first link does not work in Opera, I just get a page of source.  Had another play, looks like the Supra file doesn't have a file name extension on it, guess it should be html.

Why two methods of changing the odo display?  Is there any advantage to doing the 'proper' conversion by moving the resistors over the 'cheating' method?

Nice work, Pete.

I've got a question about the headlights.

Do the differences betwen the bulb holders mean that the UK spec bulbs won't fit? I know that one of the front bulbs (The sidelight or foglamp I think) is difficult to source, but you are talking about the main headlight?

>looks like the Supra file doesn't have a file name extension on it, >guess it should be html.

I specifically made it without an HTML extension so I didn't have to keep typing it in when I gave someone the link. I can always make two copies or something. I'm not a WEB wizzard.

>Do the differences betwen the bulb holders mean that the UK spec >bulbs won't fit?

No, not unless you cut the locating tab out of the connector (attached to the wiring loom) I should have taken a picture of this as well I guess. Maybe when I next in that area of the car again I will.

The lights shown are the Dipped Headlights (which are virtually identical inshape and form to the main beam headlights)

The FOG's I've got no idea about as I've never actually had cause to take them out.

The sidelamps are normal bulbs (I had the number at the weekend and have just fogotten it) but you can get these from any motor factor.

They are all replaceable without removing anything!

Regards

Pete

I know that one of the front bulbs (The sidelight or foglamp I think) is difficult to source, but you are talking about the main headlight?

Ahhhhh...this would explain why the Main Beam headlight supplied to me didn't fit...it was for a UK Spec...didn't think they'd change the bulb connectors....oh well guess that solves that, but it's still the wrong bulb (Bog Standard not Premium Xenon as per the frikin order).

The 9006 in Japan must be identical to the 9005 but in the UK we (sensibly) have differences making sure retards like me can't get the two mixed up!

Cheers for that Pete.

You'll find the 9006 and 9005 have the same connectors just different beam/lens/lights characteristics. So A dipped beam bulb would fit into the main beam bulb connector so make sure you have them the correct way around.

The connectors differ from the UK to Jap spec but both main and dipped connectors are the same as one another.

Was that clear???

It really is no trouble at all to just slice off a bit of the plastic in the connector to make it dual fitment (Jap or UK) the locating tabs don't effect it's connection as there is a clip on the opposite side which still firmly holds the bulb in.

Regards

Pete