The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Origin b2 - GPS camera locator + laser

michael

SOLD

http://www.gps-systems.co.uk/images/origin_b2.gif

By far the best and most compact detector I've every used but vanity has got the better of me and I've swapped to a Road Angel on the basis that it has a blue screen and the Origin has a green one. Upon getting the Road Angel the first thing I noticed was the size of it, the b2 is tiny in comparison and can easily be tucked into a pocket when leaving the car, no need to unplug anything either, it just pops out of the cradle unlike others.

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/images/originb2.jpg

It comes with everything shown above in it's original box with the installation CD, the sticky pads are unused and it even comes with the sealed cleaning cloth.

Official site for full info:

http://www.originb2.com

The Origin b2 Driver Safety and Information System is the most technologically advanced product on the market and provides the driver with a comprehensive range of speed management information in a user friendly format, the breadth and depth of which no other single system can provide.

High resolution screen with enhanced graphics including: direction of vehicle travel, vehicle speed, speed limit, type of hazard, road number and a progress bar with a countdown to the hazard in meters or seconds

Verbal warnings issued immediately stating hazard type and road speed limit

User definable and programmable setting for over-speed warnings.

User definable and programmable individual way point identification

School Proximity Warning Mode which only issues alerts during primary and secondary school active hours and term schedules

Congestion Charging Camera Warning Mode that alerts the driver as the vehicle approaches congestion charging zones during active hours

Driver Information System which calculates valuable information such as distance covered, average speed and journey time

GPS co-ordinate display to assist emergency or breakdown services to identify your location

Directional feature that limits warnings for speed traps positioned in the direction of vehicle travel

Limitator feature that triggers warnings only when the vehicle is exceeding the posted legal speed limit

Motorway feature that only provides warnings on the motorway network and not on adjacent road networks

It also integrates with the LRC100 laser scrambler - naughty but nice :)

It really is jolly good, the Road Angel I have no is a downgrade but it had a blue screen, how tragic that it's come to this :)

The only thing that's wrong with it is that the GPS aerial lead has rubbed on the dash in places and the plastic sleeve has a couple of holes, the important cable is OK though and a bit of insulation tape does the job. It's cosmetic.

These retail at £379.95 - I'm asking £220.00 including delivery.

Note: The subscription has expired but the unit was recently sent to Origin for a service, during that they replaced various bits and it's now prompting for the initial setup and free 6 month subscription, I can't guarantee you'll get this but there is a chance.

Oh and Origin charge £35 to transfer the unit to another name - if you buy it I may be able to just ammend my details and give you the password to the account I have already to save this cost, you might just have to be called Michael :)

i also have one of these, mounted in the very same spot !!, bit i have sunk mine into the steering wheel cowling

That's exactly what I was going to do but knowing how fickle I am about moving things around I resisted.

I've had it in 4 different locations in the Supra but the steering column is definately the most useful, even more so when you set it to the large scale speedo display - it's like being in KITT :drool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.