more promo info...

Contents:

Used Road Angel 2 unit

Straight power lead

Sprung power lead (cigar lighter)

USB cable

Windscreen Mount

Quick reference guide

Everyday use of ROAD ANGEL acts as an extra pair of eyes to keep you alert to approaching danger and improves the safety of every journey. It is also very simple to install and update. Using the latest global positioning satellite (GPS) and Laser detection technology, ROAD ANGEL constantly gives you an accurate speed reading and an audible and visible alert as you approach hazardous sections of the road. Should you breakdown, ROAD ANGEL has a unique RescueLoc function which gives you a pinpoint location reading to help direct rescue services to your position.

Plug & go installation

Speed, time & compass display

User programmable locations

Full range of hazardous sites

Audible and visual warnings

Instant distance to danger reading

Speech alerts

No false alerts

Alert instantly switches off after hazard

USB database updates

Designed and manufactured in the UK

Simple to adjust settings

Technical help desk

LASER ALERT SYSTEM - mobile camera alert

A powerful front and rear Laser detection device, LASER ALERT SYSTEM detects mobile Laser traps and gives an audible and visual alert through the ROAD ANGEL display.

RescueLoc - additional safety feature built-in

If you break down and don't know exactly where you are, you can find your precise latitude and longitude co-ordinates at the press of a button on your ROAD ANGEL display. This can then be passed on to your rescue service.

ROAD ANGEL - comprehensive database

Capable of storing up to 50,000 unique sites, your ROAD ANGEL is pre-programmed with all the latest data. Updated and verified continuously by Blackspot Interactive, the central database can also be easily personalised to include information specific to you.

ROAD ANGEL - no false alerts

Unlike many radar products, which are constantly triggered by false alarms, ROAD ANGEL only responds to designated hazards.

ROAD ANGEL - simple and effective

Easy to install, designed to provide all the information at a glance, portable and robust, your unit will rapidly become a valued companion on every journey.

Comes in as new condition with all cables for powering and updating the system, will require a subscription from Road Angle to update the unit, this is purchased via their web site or customer help line (details included)

Software and info can be found at http://www.blackspot.com

I might be interested - just a couple of questions....

1. Do they charge a fee to transfer the unit to a new owner like Origin do?

2. How much is the subscription? £49 a year?

3. Why are you selling it?

4. Was it purchased from an authorised reseller and do you have the receipt?

Sorry for the odd questions but I got bitten on my Origin b2 so I want to be safe :)

Hi , could be worth mentioning what level of subscribtion comes with it if any?

He posted...

will require a subscription

So I'm guessing the free 6 month subscription has run out and he's decided not to continue with it?

I only want one because it has a blue screen, my b2 doesn't match my dash :(

He posted...

So I'm guessing the free 6 month subscription has run out and he's decided not to continue with it?

I only want one because it has a blue screen, my b2 doesn't match my dash :(

Thats why I was aksing mate just to confirm if the 6mth free had expired as I wasn't sure if it meant additional subscribtion.... :blush:

dont want to cause a problem here but i think the laser detectors will be illegal come jan 1st. Wanted to make sure everyone knew. Not 100% sure but a pretty sure. Might be worth researching

It can be unplugged if that time comes, the rest of the functionality will remain.

re. transfer....i understand it`s a matter of informing blackspot.co.uk of the new owners details, email, serial no., etc, no charge,

i bought an Acer Pocket pc/gps and i`ve just installed TomTom 5 so the Road Angel hasn`t been used for a while....

tbh i found that subscribing doesn`t put an awful lot new into the existing database,

if it`s for the Supe then it`s mainly for keeping an eye out for Laser guns etc and of course `true` MPH

Do you want to sell it Michael ?

The b2?

It's actually with Origin at the moment getting a 'service' because it's been acting oddly of late - if it comes back with a clean bill of health I'll let you know, otherwise it'll be getting kicked around the house.

The b2?

It's actually with Origin at the moment getting a 'service' because it's been acting oddly of late - if it comes back with a clean bill of health I'll let you know, otherwise it'll be getting kicked around the house.

Nice one, thanks.

I'm keeping an eye on a couple on ebay at the mo

You should up the budget a little, treat yourself, it's Christmas :)

I was in the car at the weekend cleaning a few bits out and just decided I want to reduce clutter on the dash, so the AVCR and SAFC II have moved into a hiding place and the Road Angel is up for sale. It's less blue lights but it looks tidy now :)

The Road Angel is cracking though, picked up a lot more blackspots than the Origin b2 and got a GPS lock quicker too - the fact is I use the Supra for the same journey each day and know where to slow down, the car I use for longer runs has it's own setup in it so I can sell this and free up some money.

It was an impulse buy because it was cheap, I need to get some restraint :)

If you do fancy spending a little bit more give me a nod, I'm sure we can come up with a nice price :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.