The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarm recommendation pls - thieving b******s

nickyboy

I've had a couple of pagers, they weren't very good at all.

Even when I was just 10-30m meters away I would sometimes lose reception which made it totally pointless getting one.

Don't get one of these.

http://s97030328.oneandoneshop.co.uk/shopdata/0230_SPECIAL+OFFERS/images/305-0565_IMG_300x247.jpg

Make sure you get a good one.

why?

I understand that some drug-dealers, con-artists and nouveau-riches would want to be flash, but really rich people wouldn't want any of it.

If you look rich then you attract all the scum. Who wants to be targeted, followed, abducted?

Flash cars, houses and clothes are for those who can't really afford them, so they try to create the impression that they've got more wealth than they really do.

If you have ever known 'old money' people you'll know what I mean ;)

True Good point....I'm with ya there..I cant even afford to pretend to be rich though:drown:

Look at it this way:

If you were to win the lottery tomorrow, £20m, would you want *anybody* around you to know?

You'd lose all your friends overnight, hell even all your relatives would change forever. All sorts of scumbags would try to abduct you or your children, help you 'invest' your money, etc.

You wouldn't be safe in your house anymore, people would even consider jumping in front of your (flashy) car just to get compensation. There is a whole industry dedicated to squeezing money out of lottery winners.

Smart people keep 'mum' and try to keep even the authorities from knowing (this info tends to 'leak' easily)