The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mods

mrboost

Whats the max bhp that is safe to run with the standard MKIV TT Head gasket ?

Mods so Far. HKS Exhaust, HKS SSQ BOV, HKS Air Filter, HKS springs, Bilstein Shocks.

Planned Mods

De cat

HKS Intercooler Type S

Race Logic Traction Control

Blitz Dual Solnoid Boost controller

Boost Gauge

anything else I should be looking for ? and what bhp should I aspect ?

Boost still learning

Quote: from mrboost on 10:22 am on Jan. 28, 2002[br]Whats the max bhp that is safe to run with the standard MKIV TT Head gasket ?

Mods so Far. HKS Exhaust, HKS SSQ BOV, HKS Air Filter, HKS springs, Bilstein Shocks.

Planned Mods

De cat

HKS Intercooler Type S

Race Logic Traction Control

Blitz Dual Solnoid Boost controller

Boost Gauge

anything else I should be looking for ? and what bhp should I aspect ?

Boost still learning

Head gasket, you won't put any strain on it using the standard turbo's and would probably need to get into the big single/HKS twins outputs to warrant replacement.

The setup you are talking about is a simple BPU with intercooler so I would guess around the 380 bhp mark.

If your car is J-spec you might want to go with the uprated HKS cams which are supposed too give a nice uplift in performance. May be an oil cooler if you are planning on thrashing around the track or are concerned about oil temps.....

The exhaust cam is the most important one to update if you do go for Gavin's suggestion.

I thicker Gasket can help you run higher boost safely but there is little point in passing 1.2bar IMO

Past 1 bar you will need a fuel computer to make sure you don't run lean. S-AFC seems to be the one to get.

If you've got a j-spec then those 440cc injectors will have to go if you want to pass 400hp comfortably.