The mkiv Supra Owners Club

200 mph...

Kip

Yeah what we're saying is that it's not the cars fault - the researchers were rubbish and basically chucked 30k down the drain. Maybe I should be a researcher as Ian says I'm good at spending other people's money ;) :p

If they wanted British then it should have been a TVR...but I'm guessing they went for something with turbo's....cause all the jap cars that have them are highly moddable....as we know.

Good old rover sdi with 30k thown it the front would have done it LOL:p

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are you on about? They had a limited budget and wasted it on the base car. When they could have bought something else and done far more with it...

Nope don't follow...that concept excapes me ....must fill in this form for a job on 5th gear. sorry explain that again ..so we spend all the money on buying the car yeah :yes: ;)

I've done a bit of Math here.. correct me if Im wrong....

200 MPH is around 600bhp in a 6 speed with a 8000RPM Redline, although only 7650 is prob needed.

6.5k for an early TT 6 speed.

3.0k on a good quality large turbo conversion

1 K on seconhand Breathing bits

0.5k on 272 Cams

1k on ECU and mapping

0.5k a good service

0.5k Fuel system

Total:- 12.5k.

Not saying this will be the best car, but prob the cheapest for 200 Leps!

Guest Terry S
I've done a bit of Math here.. correct me if Im wrong....

200 MPH is around 600bhp in a 6 speed with a 8000RPM Redline, although only 7650 is prob needed.

6.5k for an early TT 6 speed.

3.0k on a good quality large turbo conversion

1 K on seconhand Breathing bits

0.5k on 272 Cams

1k on ECU and mapping

0.5k a good service

Total:- 12k.

Good luck!

Nope don't follow...that concept excapes me ....must fill in this form for a job on 5th gear. sorry explain that again ..so we spend all the money on buying the car yeah :yes: ;)

Dude I think you're trying to make the same point as me.....

200mph on a budget with a british car was the premise...

Nice to see so much enthusiasm here.

I think the point is probably now covered - money badly spent!

Very poor research!

And I still think the car was a pile of pooh to start with - maybe a little harsh and I am sorry if it offends, the base car could have been a far better choice.

If they wanted British they could have purchased a Cerbera and mod-ed that for 32k and definitely hit 200+.

One has to ask if they were just having a pop at the old Lotus - not worth the money perhaps?

After all it did fail very soon after they purchased it for a staggering 25k, they had to save face somewhere.

Thank you for all your input and thoughts.

Very interesting debate.

Guest Terry S
I must say though, It wasnt a particularly good advert for MA or MArk S hey?

Mark Shead or Sheady. Mark is a really nice bloke and tuned the Autronic I had in the Purple car. He also tunes Leons car now.

Nice to see so much enthusiasm here.

I think the point is probably now covered - money badly spent!

Very poor research!

And I still think the car was a pile of pooh to start with - maybe a little harsh and I am sorry if it offends, the base car could have been a far better choice.

If they wanted British they could have purchased a Cerbera and mod-ed that for 32k and definitely hit 200+.

One has to ask if they were just having a pop at the old Lotus - not worth the money perhaps?

After all it did fail very soon after they purchased it for a staggering 25k, they had to save face somewhere.

Thank you for all your input and thoughts.

Very interesting debate.

For the cheapest Cerbera with an MOT, you are talking 17k. Tuning the AJP8 costs a bloody fortune for sod all gain- the post powerful 4.5 I know of barely has more than 415bhp iirc.

As far as I know, no TVR before the Sagaris ever went near a wind tunnel, and they have a habbit of trying to blow their bonnets off over 150mph- rather you than me mate.