The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV NA MORE BHP

mrboost

My Pal is selling the skyline for a supra as they are far more sexy!!! wow a skyline driver that actual admits it!!! anyhow he can't afford a TT so he's going to buy an aero top n/a.

The supe in question has a blitz exhaust fitted, so a HKS powerflow air filter would work a treat.  I suggested NOS as a large BHP increase for so little money, what else can be done and what BHP should be about the max possible.

Another customer for Justin :-)

If he is really keen then changing cams and porting the head would be good.

Can you get a Stroker kit for the NA?? 3.2L NA would be "useful"!

Lightened internals and a raised rev limit would be v.sweet....

But a non of this is cheap. Can't think of any cheap mods...bar removing the rear seats!!!

putting turbo's or a turbo on na is very expensive, the engines are quite different (not to mention diffs, gearboxs, brakes etc).

everything else available is reasonably expensive too as alex points out, especially compared to the xtra cost of a TT in the first place. If yr friend is keen on high power (which he sounds like he is) I personally would not buy an na to mod, maybe as a stepping stone if he cant wait until he's saved. But with credit card transfers @ 0 - 2% why wait.

look at this http://www.powerhouseracing.com/catalog/supra_na/supra_na.html

Guest Martin F

Hey don't quote my name in vain!!! :biggrin:

I don't know the origins of our engines, i would just assume that they are a development of 1JZ-G(T)E found in Soarer's and some MKIII's.

As for turboing an NA, it can be done, as quoted by eyefi Powerhouse Racing used to do a kit, but it wasn't cheap.

I guess the cheapest way would be NOS.

If he has had a Skyline then i think he will be a little disappointed with an NA.

(Edited by Martin F at 9:53 pm on Feb. 5, 2002)

Exhaust and induction are about as far as it goes witout spending TT buying wads of cash. He could completely strip it and put on some very light wheels.

I'd love to see someone NOS their N/A. Hell, if it weren't for my upcoming wedding, I'd be doing it myself. Actually, if it weren't for my upcoming wedding, I'd have bought a TT, AND kept the N/A