The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advan Racing 18's Silver \ Blue writing

monkey3

Hello all,

I actually already own these wheels, but some Focker has tried to have them away (probably best I didn't catch them at it :twak: ).

Basically they have tried to turn off the centre cap nuts with a pair of mole grips or five holes or something, but have not taken out the circlip first. Thank god for stupidity!

This has however threaded the nut and destroyed it's finish. The thread on the wheels look a little freaked also, but I'm hoping that they'll be ok.

So, to the point... I need to find out how much the centre caps and nuts are for these wheels and where I can get them from.

Traders?

sorry mate didnt see this earlier. there discontinued. they were on my car when i got it, but i had them refurbed which is why i have no graphic on like yours. (Advan SA3R version 1) version 2 is the link you sent me. the nuts on mine where of a similar state. i filed down the bur filled and sprayed so looked new. (dont spray the thread) 3 coats of lacker to stop chipping, although just getting them off with the plastic thing has started to chip. The circlips polish to chrome and the centre disk is anodised in gold i just sprayed.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/millers-caliper.jpg

do you have the plastic spanner to take them off??

think im gona spray my nuts gun metal...................

tt steve

thanx for getting back to me,

there discontinued

I had a feeling you were going to say that, bugger!

think im gona spray my nuts gun metal...................
ooer misses! :rlol:

ok, I guess a refurb is in order then. I reckon I'll probably do the same as you, although the centre disk is pretty immaculate, so I'll probably leave that.

I think the biggest problem for me is what to do about the thread in the nuts

oh, and the spanner didn't come with the car, can you not undo it by hand?

p.s. your calipers look the danglies :thumbs:

oh, and the spanner didn't come with the car, can you not undo it by hand?

no i dont risk that! that means some one can take off, then you have KNOW chance of getting replacement, i have a plastic spanner that came with the car, it has 2 handles on it, a bit like a massive wing nut, its the only way to tighten them up with out scraching.

if you go for a refurb, it cost me 250 ish, to have tires taken off, chemicaly stripped, scratch and any curb damage filled, re-coated with 3 part powder coat, re-balanced and tires back on, in 3 days. i did the nuts and the centre disk with circlips.

almost wet my self when put them back on. Had just done disks and clipers with red stuff pads, so it looked like new corners:yes: :yes:

you wont look back. however do it in april, cars gona be shitty for a few months.

tt steve

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.