The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mkiv Supra Auto to manual (W58) conversion kit

Sooty

W58 gearbox (85k miles) from my sz-r mkiv supra. Low mileage box spent most of its life behind a NA engine and then the last 1000 miles at around 350bhp following an Na-t conversion. No crunches and shifts nicely through all the gears. Was very careful not to abuse it after I carried out my na-t conversion as didn't want to do any harm to it. Hard pulls were only made in 4th (the strongest gear as it is a 1:1 ratio) and always short shifted in 2nd and 3rd to prevent damaging it. Only removed as fitted an R154 conversion that can take the higher power I am targeting.

Nearly new stock release bearing, clutch disc and pressure plate back in march this year with approximately 1000miles on - fitted when I installed my NA-T kit. Held the power fine with no slipping at all. All in near new condition.

Also included is: W58 full propshaft, shifter, gear knob, leather gaitor, plastic manual gear surround (most of the clips are broken but will work fine), brake and clutch pedals, nearly new master cylinder with a TT manual heat shroud fitted. Clutch line and slave cylinder, Flywheel, clutch, release bearing and a selection of bolts for the conversion are also included.

This should be everything required to convert an Auto to manual excluding the pilot bearing that goes in the crank shaft. Everything is out of the car and ready to be collected.

£1700 ono

Pictures to follow - pm me your number and will send pictures through whatsapp

Edited by Sooty (see edit history)

Bare in mind tt auto diffs have the larger companion flange, compared to manuals.

Anyone doing the conversion may find they'll need to strip their diff down, source and replace the flange to the correct type. Then reset the backlash to suit.

Just a head up [emoji106]

Thank you for this - I thought it was just the big case diff that had a different flange. Maybe someone could confirm if the w58 front section of the propshaft can be mated to the rear of a TT auto prop? As this would be a more convenient solution.

Thank you for this - I thought it was just the big case diff that had a different flange. Maybe someone could confirm if the w58 front section of the propshaft can be mated to the rear of a TT auto prop? As this would be a more convenient solution.
No matey it doesn't.

The auto and 6 speed have a slip yoke joining the two halves, the 5 speed manual and na auto have a 4 bolt flange

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.