The mkiv Supra Owners Club

caliper painting

ardasaliah

I got to say i wish i had used proper caliper paint rather than Hammerite as the hammerite has a burnt toasted look to it with small cracks all over and the brake dust seems to have penetrated it so never cleans back to a good colour.

I did mine all yellow loved it for 2 days then it just looked like crap after that

Maybe if you dont hammer you car and brakes hammerite will be ok otherwise i suggest only using the caliper paint.

Did my hubs last week with black hammerite smooth satin finish and has come out well, several thinish coats seem to do well, I left over an hour between coats. A good tip is to clean up your brush between applications. I also used the halfrauds caliper paint which is very gooey as someone has already mentioned. Still look ok though after 2yrs+.

HTH

Rich

The 'drum' bit at the back is the hub, it's part of the disc as I found out fter painting mine silver, then changing my rear discs, and having to repaint them after a week because they'd re-oxidised themselves!!

Silver definitely works, blends in with the alloy - and my alloys meet up with the hub perfectly so there's no size mismatch.

Where did you get your sticker things (in carbon colour)? If you don't mind me asking... would like to see your results..

I've been thinking of doing the same with mine, but resisted as I couldn't decide between 'giving them a good clean' or painting... hmmmm....

Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-Supra-Brake-Caliper-Decals-Stickers_W0QQitemZ4578792397QQcategoryZ10428QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem