The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mkiv TT AeroTop

BOLTS

Yeah but for bargain read "i want a modded car for the same money or less than an un-modded one"

I've recently come to the opinion that stock cars are really the only cars worth selling in today's market climate.

Mod's like Ebc's, Rltc, exhaust, bodykit etc etc - add very little value to the sale price. Even selling a modded car to a fellow club member - you'll get be able to inflate the sale price but only to a certain extent.

I bought my car for £10k .. 2 years ago up in Scotland. Back then it was 100% stock .. 49k miles on it with 5years UK service history. I've spent about £6.5k on it with now 77k miles ... now I think £11k is probably a reasonable sale value. Bearing in mind Alex's VVTi car was sold with more mods for £13k and it was RSB.

Regardless of modifications .. imho - if you want to sell then you've got accept to take a loss. Otherwise - you're going to have to wait awhile for the right buyer.

~edited to add~

I think it all depends how badly you want to sell.

Well modded cars like Terry's or CJ's .. can charge at the top-end of the market because both of those guys aren't desperate to sell - and likely to only sell if the right price comes their way.

Guest Flat4_ire

thats true yes... very very nice car but its the time of year, u know that bad boy will be gone for the summer! if u drop to 9k give me a shout ;)

So people seriously expect to get brand new UK spec brakes and a car thats just had new tyres and recfurbished wheels with a big service just done on it for the same money as one without all that??? DO me a favour its not happening. Aerotops used to command a certain premium just like UK 6 speeds did. Looks like its the last of the facelifts that hold that premium now. Does anyone seriously expect to get an aerotop TT thats been looked after properly with low miles for less than £10k on a 94-95 plate? I can understand people not wanting to give extra for things like alloys and bodykits and other styling mods but safety things like brake upgrades and traction control upgrades that can mean the difference between writing your car off or not I would of thought would have commanded some extra cash.

Guest Flat4_ire

look man, u should know the story. your car is worth as much as someone is willing to give you,ya know?!! yes it might be worth 15k to you but nobody else!sad but true,im in the same situation myself.

and these days it seems guys wanna see "completely standard" in the advert!! i remember 2 yrs ago guys would pay any price for a car that had ecu upgrade and lightweight jap rims, now they just dont seem to care! it sucks but thats the way it is.

So people seriously expect to get brand new UK spec brakes and a car thats just had new tyres and recfurbished wheels with a big service just done on it for the same money as one without all that??? DO me a favour its not happening. Aerotops used to command a certain premium just like UK 6 speeds did. Looks like its the last of the facelifts that hold that premium now. Does anyone seriously expect to get an aerotop TT thats been looked after properly with low miles for less than £10k on a 94-95 plate? I can understand people not wanting to give extra for things like alloys and bodykits and other styling mods but safety things like brake upgrades and traction control upgrades that can mean the difference between writing your car off or not I would of thought would have commanded some extra cash.

Joe Bloggs on the street doesn't appreciate the extras or want to pay for them.....

Guest Flat4_ire

agreed, anyway whats the story on the car BOLT? has she seen damage? why the full respray? she looks gorgeous it has to be said

Just faniced changing the colour a bit, plus mate is a sprayer. he owed me money, i wanted new paint and you know the rest. It is a good car, just might be wrong time trying to sell it, but i have my eye on some thing else at the mo.

Well that just makes my point doesnt it really. Both Bolts and my own car are in the 60k and less miles bracket and on a 94 plate not the first of the 93 plates. Again you get what you pay for. £8.5k is right money for a car thats a year older and 29k miles further down the track. To be fair I actually think that £8.5k is still a steal for what is a rare aerotop TT.

hi ,as i said in my opening post veiwed this motor monday and it looks great goes awesome. soooo nearly bought it but got swayed by a late model low mile uk model it was bloody close, my mate thought i should have bought bolts but you have to go with your feelings and im well pleased. anyway good luck with sale wish mine had those hybrids

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.