The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Original Alarm Question

Taz

Hi......I have a UK Supra that has the factory fitted alarm on the car , both the fobs that blip the car open and closed are in perfect condition ...BUT if the car is left unlocked / un alarmed and you go to get in it the alarm goes off ..I have tried to blip her open , open the door get in and start it and then get out and shut her and leave the alarm not set and then you go to get back in her in a while and the alarm goes off ...any tips or advise please ...

I had something similar with mine recently that soon turned into the alarm going off all the time. Basically sounds like the alarm control unit is on its way out and not disarming fully. Normally if the alarm goes off it would immobilise the engine so weird your engine still runs. I managed to find a really good auto electirician who used to have a Supra who came and fitted a new alarm after removing old system - happy to pass on details of it helps. The original alarms are sadly too old to find new parts for from my experience.

Hi......I have a UK Supra that has the factory fitted alarm on the car , both the fobs that blip the car open and closed are in perfect condition ...BUT if the car is left unlocked / un alarmed and you go to get in it the alarm goes off ..I have tried to blip her open , open the door get in and start it and then get out and shut her and leave the alarm not set and then you go to get back in her in a while and the alarm goes off ...any tips or advise please ...

Has the car battery gone flat recently ? Might need to use the master reset on the alarm control unit under the bonnet, this what I had to do when I had the problem your having after the battery on the car went completely flat.