The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear Front Light Advice Needed

SupraTT

Hi all

I just received delivery of a set of clear front lights from my friend in the USA, and wondered if anyone has fitted them to their pre 97 MKIV ?

Do i need to chop the wires / connectors for the indicators or will they just go in bearing in mind i have a 1993 ?

Whats more interesting is the fact that the lights have two sections, one larger than the other and i would like to make one section my sidelights if possible ?

Can this be done and whats involved ? is it an easy job and also do i do away with my current "internal headlight" mounted sidelights or can i end up using the existing one in there and also hook up one in my clear indicator lights below the headlight ?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Michael

Mine was a strange one, Offside one connection different, so I chopped them and soldered together,but the nearside connections fitted as they were.

Yeah I also Have wired the lights up so they are fully functional.  I just tapped into the side light wire, joined both wires, all seems okay and must admit actually improves the lighting.  I don't know how technical you are, so if you need the colour codes etc just ask and I'll write them down.

p.s They look great on.

(Edited by mrboost at 8:59 am on Feb. 12, 2002)