The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch issue on fd3s

add heywood

So last year the master cylinder died, changed it over with one from mazdarotaryparts. All was good until a couple of months ago, just before I garaged the car for winter, where the pedal would over time sink tone floor. Thought it must be slave related due to only changing the master 12 months before.

So today I changed the slave over... No real problems until I cam to bleed it. The pedal will just stick to the floor with no resistance behind it at all, it wont push anything out of the bleed nipple on the slave, almost feels identical to when my master cylinder failed last year. It's like the piston in the master is stuck at the end of the cylinder, so the clutch pedal pushrod isn't acting on anything.

Is it possible to push the master piston too far, making it stick? Is there a spring in the master that is supposed to reset the piston?

The car is currently in quite a small garage with not much room, I remember getting to the bolts for the master to be a pita as I'm 17st and had to do some form of yoga to get to them. I would like to think the master hasn't failed in just 12 months use...

Any help appreciated...