The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel leak

Mark Ayling

I wonder whether anyone can shed some light on a problem I had yesterday...

The weather was great and the roads so dry that it would have been rude not to have a little blast for the first time in months, so I thought I'd have a play with the AVC-R.  I'd forgotton how much of a difference it makes, great fun!! :biggrin:  The AVC-R reckoned I boosted up to 1.13, which I don't/didn't think was too excessive for a short period, but it did seem to misfire very slightly when I was *really* shifting.

A couple of hours later someone asked me to pop the bonnet so they could have a nose at the engine - good job they did, as at tickover there was fuel leaking from the bottom of the FSE valve at quite a rate :shocked:.  It was coming from the blanking nut on the bottom, which I tightened up and the leaking stopped - still a bit of a worry though!

I just wondered if anyone knows what happened here - was the nut worked loose by the high boost or could it have just been a coincidence?  It could have been a bit loose already I suppose - its as tight as it will go now.

Surely I can up the boost without having to worry about blowing things, especially if only for short periods?  Now I'm a bit wary, but it would be pointless having all the kit if its unsafe to use...

Any help/comments appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi...

Sounds like it just worked loose too me. I would check again over the next few days or so just to see if it does it again.

I've just had my FSE fuel regulator moved too the same place as yours  so if it is something to do with the location we will soon find out :)

(Edited by GavinL at 2:05 pm on Feb. 17, 2002)