The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDM Supra RZ (oh, and hello :) )

nihontoman

Aaaand, I'm back, now as a full member? :D

here's what happened so far regarding my car. it's still in the port. yep :banghead: The reason is pretty hilarious and shows just how lucky I can be sometimes :D I told you all that the new ETA was May 7 and the ship did really arrive at the port on May 6, but at the same time, employees at the terminal responsible for the functioning of the whole port (about 700) decided to go on a strike. First thing that came to my mind isn't suitable for a public forum which even kids can see, but you get the idea :whip: I was even more pissed yesterday when I heard that the initial demand from the workers, which was raising the salaries by 14% was reduced to 5%. this wouldn't be a problem, however it is in this case because the port administration were suggesting them 6% rise in their salaries and these guys didn't accept that condition. You see where I'm going? basically, my car was held there for about 10 days because some incompetent bunch that doesn't know the basic principles of negotiation decided to go on a strike :|

Good news is that the ship is already in the port and not raiding around and I should be able to go get my car either tomorrow, or the day after :sly:

That's all I have to say as of now. Now excuse me while I get the most out of the 10 quid I just paid for the membership and set up my profile :woot:

Finally! I got my baby! here's a pic:

and some shocking stuff:

^ yeah these are the remnants of the HKS mushroom filter that was half ingested by the turbo :| should I be afraid? it's just a foam, right?

Now I have this till I get a proper cone filter:

Pantyhose to the rescue. Hey, I had to work with what I had at the moment :D (Just to be clear, I don't usually carry around women's pantyhose(s?), I just happened to think of the idea at the spot.) I'm not gonna drive this car around Until I get a proper filter. then I'll just take it for some overall inspection.

One more thing - there's a triple injector setup straight into the intake pipe, right after the intercooler, until it goes to the ECCS thingy. turns out some fuel is sprayed into it. why? I don't know, maybe anti-lag? How did I know? well, one of the three lines just decided to give up when I fueled it up at the station and started the engine. I drove couple of meters and don't know why, but decided to "pop the hood" and I was greeted by a fantastic display of gasoline fountain, which got me really nervous. I imagined that it would catch on fire and my supra would be roasted :| I turned the ignition off, and who knew - there's a frigin' turbo timer somewhere in the car which decided that I needed to cool down my turbo :flame: I then had a genius idea to put it in gear and stop the engine by force. the fountain continued for about a minute, and I tried to dilute it with some bottled water I had just in case. well, the car didn't catch on fire :eek: will give some pics later :)

Edited by nihontoman (see edit history)

Guest BlacKcaT
thanks for the suggestion. as already mentioned, will look around after it comes home :)

haha, will do just that. besides, I've used the bigass wing on my Evo7 lot's of times - makes for an excellent place for putting food and stuff on it :D

thanks. I can see that veilside isn't that appreciated around here, though I kinda like the looks of it on some other cars, like this one for example:

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~mshosier/MSHPerf/Supra%20Rear.JPG

looks stunning on this car imo :)

:thanks:

that's just beautiful