The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cautionary Tale

Graham Rudd

I was out in the soop last night, on the way to a friends house and decided to have a quick blast to liven the journey up.

Coming off a sharp bend I nailed the throttle only to have the backend decide it wanted to see where we were going! After the initial panic attack I managed to maintain at least some semblance of control and keep the car on the road.

Hmmm.. surely this can't be, I have traction control for God's sake! I'm supposed to be invunerable! ;)

After a quick experiment on another empty corner I could safely say that something was up with the TC.

Well, I got to my mates house and told of my scary experience to which he just replied, "Yeah, some of the guys on the 300 board have had the same thing, they had to re-calibrate or something.". (yep, he's a 300 owner).

I've just been out and checked my calibration.. oh dear. It seems my driven and reference wheels had switched places, oh and sides, left had become right. I did a quick calibration run and now everything seems fine again. Question is for how long!?

Anway, I thought this was worth mentioning to the group, if ever your TC seems to be acting strangely then this might be the answer.

Well, its a gorgeous day outside, a fantastic day for going for a blast, or washing the beast.... so I'm off to work :(  *sob* Have a nice weekend all!

Cheers

Graham

This sounds very disturbing,  I have  had no problems. You should talk to RaceLogic, Graham. May be you have a faulty unit.  It would be helpful to know from the 300 guys, if there are any known common factors that may have led to this situation.  We need to know from RL if this is a known problem, before someone gets hurt.

Can I just confirm that the calibration run only lets the system know which wheel is which. It serves no other purpose.

If so once you know your channel and wheel relationships you can use Graham's app to reset values.