The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manual Gearbox & NA engine bits

SupraSymz

I converted my NA aerotop auto to a 5 speed manual a couple of years ago. Rock solid reliable. Have just pulled the whole lot out as I'm now chucking in a UK TT engine and 6 speed manual box. So the 5 speed box is available for £600, if no takers I'll chuck it on ebay in a week or so time.I'm breaking the NA engine down into bits, so if you're after something (water pump, distributor...whatever, let me know...) not interested in making a fortune, most bits £10/£20 plus post, just want to think they're going to a good home.

Symz

Dude, what else would one need to do this very conversion?

Parts list? Website detailing what needs doing...?

What kind of mileage has your box got on it (was it new when you got it)?

I'm certainly interested...depending on the total cost/difficulty of the conversion!

Ark,

web site help, no idea.

you'd need a manual brake and clutch pedal, (I combed a breakers yard to find suitable Toyota parts, can't remember what they came off) clutch master cylinder, (worth contacting someone like Jap Auto salvage for these bits 01924 439323), bit of pipe from master to slave, new clutch, new transmission fluid, rubber gator to stop smells coming into the car (again, straight off any suitable vehicle in a scrap yard. Oh and a gear knob and leather gator.

I bought the box second hand with a short warranty, put it in with new clutch and fluid - worked perfectly, no whines or clunks, totally Toyota really.

Its ages since I did the job,memory fades, but you need to whack in the new clutch, cap off the auto box coolant hoses, tape off the electric plugs for the transmission, make the hole in the transmission tunnel and file/open up the dash panel piece around the shifter. Bolt on the pedals and master cylinder, link up the clutch pipe. Remember thinking it was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. Plan 2 full days for the job.

Let me know if you want it mate (also comes with prop shaft bits you'll need).

Symz

Health warning to all reading this - this is just highlights of how I did the job, obviously I'm not qualified to warn you about safety issues regarding dropping gearbox onto your head (avoid doing this), electric things like don't forget to disconnect battery (it could spoil your ECU's day if you don't) etc etc.

Guest tdaxgav

I could be interested in the gearbox if it is still available please.

Does it include the following...

Prop to go to an auto diff carrier, flywheel?

Thanks

Gavan

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.