The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Day Trip To Calais / Lille

Earthrokka

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok chaps last chance is Wednesday the 10th.

I am buying tickets @ £25 return per car leaving Folkstone at 11:00 Returning @ 19:00 from Calais.

Trip involves a stop at Calais for some refreshments then onto Lille for Lunch etc.. then head back late afternoon for Calais for the most important bit boos shoppin' 'n all that before heading home.

Deffo's so far and buying the tickets for them by Thursday :

Earthokka +

Ash + Clair

Green supe + Luke

Roy +

Raoul +

==========

Suspects are so far :

Skywater ... (let us down .. Traitaah :p)

Qaisar

Mid'crysis

Doug

let me know by Wednesday if u want me to buy the ticket then..

otherwise u could just turn up on the day and take a chance..

The 04/05/03 definately not next week..

Take care..

Well,

I have tried to book us all in for the Sun 04/05/03.. only to be told that I couldn't do it for 5 cars :eek:

Sorry chaps .. it means u would have to phone ASAP to book on the same train as i did. At the moment there is plenty of space on these 2 trians on which i'm booked on:

Departure == 11:06 ...Folkstone

Return == 19:36 ...Calais

Number is==== 08708 400 046 ===

Better hurry so we can all travel on the same trains..

U would think they 'd yer money these dayz ;) obviously not.

laterz..

I did say they arenobz didn' I ?

Ok, phoned back 'n spoke to someone else who did the booking n' apologised for their crap talk earlier on..

So all booked for with breakdown cover @ £8 extra. However, if u don't want the cover, please let me know asap so i could cancel it :

Ashley

Simon

Raoul

Roy

Earthrokka

Departure 11:06 return 19:36

:p

• 3 weeks later...

Roy, Ash, Simon, Raoul

A quick reminder for Sunday's trip..

Ash, myself and hopefully simon are leaving from Sunbry On Thames Tw16 7pu.... after a quick Tea, coffee..hot Croissants etc.. at mine ..

We'll be leaving around 09 am which is 1 hours drive to Folkstone. Journey map will be M3 for 1 junction, then M25 / M20 to " Le Skattle Terminal ".

So polish yer Supes .. we want Ze Freunch to take us seriously u c ..

So hopefully u guys will join us and go in a convoy. (thats the idea init ?) :p

lets' talk..:D

Si, I can do u anything u like .. let me loos in a kitchen 'n u'll c !

Forget that Goggle eyed Ainsley 'n his mob ... his best phrase "

wot r we like ladies aye ?? oh oh oh..We like'em big 'n hot don't we?"

wat a Penis ?

ok, I run to our local beloved Tessa Cohen store n' get the croissants then !

:D

Errr, Dudes, bad news, I have been called into work Sunday, so am not going to be able to make, Mish if you read this I will sort out what I owe you for the ticket.....

....Sorry guys, was looking forward to this seeing as I missed the other wekend as well.:mad:

Well the french/ Belgians were lickin our butts. We got so much respect...ended up in Ostende...the weather was really hot, parking was a bit of a problem there coz it was really busy with bank holiday weekenders (from the UK), but I'm sure it wouldn't be that busy on a normal weekend....

We kind of used it as a recce for the real thing...we had so much attention. It was like being famous.....People were 'flocking'. Every so often I would hear the words 'Supra' or 'Fast and Furious' amongst the forign gabble.

There were the other usual german marques driven by german types with stainless steel rimmed glasses, no one spared them any attention...but where ever we seemed to go there were gasps of excitement and approving smiles and signals from everyone including old ladies.

We never encountered any tolls and kept in touch using those small two way radio's that you can buy in the Link or Argos (which are also legal to use in France). It was a bit like a mini 'Gunball Challenge' even though there were only two of us and our cars are not as 'phat' as other peoples on here.

At the end of the day we stopped in Calais for a bite to eat and all the Street racers were following us around and taking pics of the cars...No jealousy was involved just shear approval and appreciation...which I found very welcoming considering some of the french had spent a lot of time and effort styling their cars and some of the ones in Calais were really nicely smoothed out.

I think Sham is going to organise a trip in a few weeks....I would go again today if I could, I had a great time ...though it would be wicked with a whole convoy of us.

Le Shuttle was great...and we were directed on the lower deck...I have 19's and low profiles and there is a lip either side of you driving down the train but it wasn't high enough to scrape the alloys but a little care and observation is needed like any situation. No bump or ramp touched my blitz Nur and my cars lowered. I did disconnect the Snooper just in case but there were no police anywhere.

Earth got pulled in by Customs and I was sat behind in my car laughing as I could see him gettin more and more annoyed by these guys by the fact that his dreadlocks were swinging all over the place....then they pulled me in too he he.. and the army were standing round my car with guns but they were just looking with amazement...and were asking about how fast it was, I userly get pulled by customs coz they like looking at the car (and I gueess I must look dodgy). They made a Cheerful half hearted attempt at looking in the glove box, but didn't find the ground to air missle system that I'd cleaverly disguised as a Blitz Nur exhaust

..................and then there's the birds !!!!!!!

:cool:

sounds like you guys had a great time. ash and i were just sayin' that we both missed this due unfortunate circumstances but that we would be out in the very near future. lookin' forward to it!

'ellllooo,

I told u iz gonna b baaad..:D

We had an absolute great time ! a Pakkkkkaaa.. to say the least. We were welcomed everywhere ! at one time, A nice French couple said to us "Excellent scene..Thank u for coming here " :D :cool:

Now how often u hear a french man saying that to u aye" ?

We had a little play with a Z8 .. bwoy did he respect us or what ! he had no wish to be near us after Si (green supe) pissed all over him .. made him look like he waz parked ! thats when he running @ running at 120 +.. I know that coz i was doing that in my little NA..

Well the french customs .. what can I say !? it was a scene from the Pink Panther with Peter Sellers ... !

He asked me " doo u 'ave iny dreugz?" I said yeah didn't u see 'em in the boot ? how much u want ? Pick up or Delivery ? Skunk, weed, morrocan black ? Crac, Coke..diet coke ? ...what a Penis he waz ?

Then he asked if Green supe was with me ? so i said, we are 5 cars together ! so the poor other buggaz behind me got hassled too .. hehehe ..

Ostend, Antwerp are the places to be if u wanna c modified motors. They are everywhere, when we got to Ostend on that hot day ! the beach was packed ! the whole town stood still. "no exageration". Thumbs up from a lot of people. they weren't shy to show their appreciation which we loved so much !

As we passed cafe terraces, some people actually stood up and to get a closer look ! it happened in Ostend & Calais.

U hear things like " That's a real car ". but unfortunately sometimes u get the " oh Celica" :twak: but not as stupid as the geezer in Soho once said " oh look, it's the Toyota Subaru" :p

wat da fa' ?

Nuhh, it'ds gotta happen again even it's just me & green supe. we waz Extermely popular with the Good lookin' ladeeez.. so, possible wedding bells soon then ..hehe..

OK, I have managed to save the Boyz tickets until the end of May ! "Raoul, Roy & Ash" i need u boyz to agree on a w/end quickly so we go back to our fans & friends out there coz they 're waiting for us.

I am honestly not saying this to get more of u to come. I think a small convoy is nice and also easy to keep an eye on the supes.

Paul E, Mid'crisis, Doug, Nick K.. u boyz would 've loved it.

There will be another one this Month so The boyz could use their tickets which r paid for. It might well be the 24/05 or the 31/05.

SNOWMAN, if u r reading this : M8 I.O.U 1

The Tint job waz a success for such a small money. I was quoted stupid prices and waz given stupid booking times like 4 weeks time etc.. ur man dealt with me there 'n then for half the price 'n a grand job.

Nice 1 M8..

:flame Dev :flame Dev :thumbs:

M8...ur a VIP ...IOU that 'n a good Belgian Beer at least..

I will proceed with the booking by the end of this week so lets confirm by the W/end.

BTW, ur man from Hazelmere owes me 0.25p " he short changed me " :p

nuhhh he deserves a drink too.

EEEzy now