The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Volvo v40 brake bleeding

simbasupra

Hi

Having a little problem bleeding the brakes on a volvo v40.

My friend changed a n/s/r caliper and bled the brakes. However he let the reservoir run dry.

I have had a look at it and three of the calipers are bleeding fine without any air bubbles, however the o/s/r caliper (not the one he changed) has lots of bubbles which I can't get rid of.

I thought running it dry could have got air into the master cylinder but surely that would then affect more than one brake?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

undo the brake pipes that go onto the master cylinder slightly, as soon as you take it off to bench bleed it then youll be back to sqwuare one again. so undo the brake pipes slightly untill you get some fluid out of it. if it hasnt got seperate nipples

undo the brake pipes that go onto the master cylinder slightly, as soon as you take it off to bench bleed it then youll be back to sqwuare one again. so undo the brake pipes slightly untill you get some fluid out of it. if it hasnt got seperate nipples

It hasnt got seperate nipples, so should I undo one pipe at a time or crack both off? Then do I just pump the brake until fluid comes past the threads?

Cheers

exactly the same as when you bleed normal brakes mate.

veryquick guide

1. open bleed nipple so fluid can come out

2. depress brake pedal (with other person doing it)

3.wait for fluid to come out

4.close nipple

5. release pedal

6. check fluid level as if it goes empty your pushing air in and wasting your time.

Hope it helps

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry, and one pipe at a time

exactly the same as when you bleed normal brakes mate.

veryquick guide

1. open bleed nipple so fluid can come out

2. depress brake pedal (with other person doing it)

3.wait for fluid to come out

4.close nipple

5. release pedal

6. check fluid level as if it goes empty your pushing air in and wasting your time.

Hope it helps

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry, and one pipe at a time

Cheers for the info. So as it doesnt have bleed nipples, I guess I should just put some rag under the pipe and bleed it till fluid squirts out.