The mkiv Supra Owners Club

water temp sensor doesnt fit, wrong one from toyota? or wrong part number

Lude

ordered a new water temperature sensor from toyota, the ECU one that goes in the bottom of the radiator.

disapointed after paying £50 for it, for a genuine one, its the wrong one.

i ordered the part number after reading it on here.

are they different for NA to TT?

its the larger one i need, has 2 prongs in.

part number i had was 89422-35010

hope toyota will return exchange it for me as it says no refunds on the receipt :(

Dude, I think you have it wrong. The sensor in the bottom of the rad is for the electric fan that comes in when the viscous fails or cant cope.

Its a normally closed sensor that triggers a relay down on the front chassis leg in front of the passenger headlight. What makes you think that its the sensor for the ECU?

Read it on here there were 2 sensors, one for the ecu and one for the temp gauge in the dash???

Wheres the water temp sensor for the ecu then?

I may have the correct one from toyota then.

So i take it there are three sensors all together?

Ecu, dash gauge, and the emergency electric one

Ah found it. Iv put the new sensor in the correct place now fit straigjt in :-)

Wish i knew yesterday before i emptied the coolent from it lol.

The sensor in the rad, does that effect the car at all or does it just trigger the mini fan to come on when temps are high..

There's two sensors on the TT. Both at the front of the engine above the water pump and adjacent to the thermostat housing. One has a single wire and I would think this is the gauge sensor, the other has two wires and this would be the sensor for the ECU. I don't know for the na but can't imagine its that different. I have an old na lump here, if you can't find them then let me know and I will have a look.