The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP Question!!

Fox

What about with racelogic full throttle gear shifting, that means you can change gear as quick as physically possible whilst still full on the gas, surely that helps a manual make a very quick 1/4 mile? especially with the launch control too :)

Guest Usmann A

78=66mm comp wheel, 88= 71mm

both have older design exhaust wheels, with huuge hotsides= great topend,more lag ... newer PTE turbos have bigger wheels in smaller hotsides and use newer garrett wheels.

turbo decision counts for alot, go too big and ALOT of things need changing.

Its not the Hp you have to look at , its a combination of :

how good is the lunch

type of tyres you got

how good is the tunning - how does the power come in

what the weather conditions are

how much you eat the previous night , which fat bird is sat next to you

theres people in the US getting low 10's on a 600hp car and hi 10's on stock twins ....

i have currently running 1000bhp so i recond ill get 7's dead :read:

• 1 year later...
Steve Whittaker is running low 10's in his manual now. Anyone know what sort of power he's making?

His car is running around the 900bhp mark.

Mick Begley runs a T-88 in his blue 6-speed supra, which is only producing 545bhp, i think that runs around the 11-12 second mark.

im heading for the 450 mark at some point - im at about 400 now, ide like to head to 500 and stay put but I want to keep the reliability up.

With a good launch, dry conditions, summer wind blowing gently from behind ;) at 450bhp and also 500bhp what times would I be looking at?

12? 11?