The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Diesel Servicing...

Scott

I've never serviced a diesel car, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything important out.

Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Air filter.

Is there anything else that should be automatically added to the list? Car is a MK3 2.2 ST Mondeo.

Cheers

May as well do a cabin (pollen) filter whilst your at it, these tend to get missed all to often. Plus remember is specific oil in those, 5w30 Semi Synthetic. Although I think now it has been classed as Fully Synthetic now as it contains to many Synthetic 'bits'!

Ideal, thanks. I generally just go with the opie recommendation so hopefully they will have it covered. Pollen filter is a good shout.

Cheers

Just to add, I think there is a special tool for removing the oil filter (going from memory). It's at the front of the engine in from underneath. In a black plastic screw on thing, if I remember right, there is a allen key socket to drain the oil out before removing the actual canister that contains the paper element type oil filter inside.

And stick a new sump plug washer on too!

EDIT: When I say special tool, i mean a decent pair of large opening grips tend to work but there is a special socket adapter thingy that can be used.

And stick a new sump plug washer on too!

Give me some credit :D

EDIT: When I say special tool, i mean a decent pair of large opening grips tend to work but there is a special socket adapter thingy that can be used.

So is it not just a normal filter then? It is the internal element that is replaced? With over-tightened filters I always just used a screwdriver :D

Don't hold me 100% but pretty sure they are paper filters that are pulled out of the casing. You'll know what I mean when you get it.

In fact, here it is... This says 2.0 tdci but its the same. Looking at it, you can use a normal socket on the filter.

[video=youtube;L--kaIb5GoI]

Around 2.30 mins shows you the oil filter.

Don't hold me 100% but pretty sure they are paper filters that are pulled out of the casing. You'll know what I mean when you get it.

In fact, here it is... This says 2.0 tdci but its the same. Looking at it, you can use a normal socket on the filter.

Around 2.30 mins shows you the oil filter.

Spot on mate, thanks again :)