The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mercedes diesel fault p2373 any ideas

absz

2006 220 CDI E 211 OM 646.821

i,m trying to help a friend out with his mercedes engine starts and there is so much white smoke that you cannot even see the car.

The fault code displayed on my texa daignostic machine is P2373 600 bar field injection compensation reached.

the story behind the car is that it was taken to a garage for a ball joint replacement and was low on diesel and runout while in the garage, they stuck 10ltrs of diesel in the car and then it will not start they took all 4 injectors out and sent them away for testing all 4 came back as blocked so had 4 new injectors fitted including a fuel filter. once fitted and reprogrammed the engine starts but smokes very heavy (unburnt diesel)

i have now taken over the car as the garage has washed its hand with it(long story)

cannot find any information on this fault code. i have been told that the injectors were bought from the main dealers is there more than one part number for these ? thinking maybe the wrong injectors were fitted.