The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC Install

Gareth Davies

Finally after all my bitching my brothers is going to try install my RLTC today. But we've fallen at the first hurdle. I've lost the wiring diagram for the supra... and racelogic kindly didn't include any female connectors for the blocks.

Could someone please mail me a copy of the wiring diagram? Pretty please. I could also do with Phil's install guide, and a descent set of settings. Which i've managed to leave at work (please note my email is now different).

Cheers guys, now i'm off to get some connectors :) We're doomed I tell ya...

The 'professional' conversion work on my ECU.

http://www.supranova.co.uk/ECUMessSml.jpg

Only 8 scotch lock things are visable, but there are infact 15 in there. 8 being on the same one (power off the ECU). Hmmm great huh? We replaced all the ones we could easily get at and at least the electronics seem a little more stable now.

Andy, well the wiring was done by out good friends at JIC, why is anyones guess. Maybe their competent electrician was off so they let his hamster do it. I dare not post the zoomed out one showing the rest of the footwell, it would give any electricians among you nightmares.

Alex, Matt's kindly already trying to sort me one out. Should actually at least make installing the RLTC possible.

Guest Martin F
Quote: from Alex Holdroyd on 6:35 pm on Mar. 3, 2002[br]you should get a field harness so that you can get some clean wiring...

Looks like it's a bit late for one of those :o

Scotch Lock's   Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Phil, I already have a load of intermittent faults, rats nest is an understatement. Trouble is it's everywhere! Behind the dash, boot, passenger footwell, and all over the engine bay. I also have no idea why they were all done like this, as it was done AFTER it got into the UK! How it can be considered safe is an beyond me. Oh well we'll see what they want to do about it monday.

Oh well, nothing like a challenge, adding new devices will be solder and prey activity though!

Quicker to replace the entire wiring loom!!!

I've seen the zoomed out view when checking out the MINES ECU and its a bleedin mess!! I didn't have a real go at sorting it but no doubt half the problem was no cable ties (so the carpet stayed flat, like you care - its on the passenger side!! :))

Still if you will buy a car which has the cockpit "from a Harrier Jump Jet" tsk tsk!! :biggrin:

It's not all bad news, as I said, we did fix a few of the scotch locks (I think we replaced 6, the tip of the icebery), and that seems to have fixed the problems i'd been having. And we repaired the other Defi unit, so i've got a boost head up display now as well.

I think once I get a field harness then we can at least attempt the RLTC, ha it's only been sat on the shelf 6 and a half months now! Got a few other toys for it as well. But it really is a bit futile trying to add anything else when you're working on an unstable platform.

Not a hard task, just a long boring one... that should have been done right in the first place! Then again if I didn't need all the toys... might as well have a corsa ;)

hi people i am getting racelogic to fit mine then i know its done right

they quoted me £160 + vat for fitting i think it is worth it to get them to do it,and set it up right,i have to take car down she said its about a 2.5 hour drive from leeds.

looks too complicated to install to me.

hope you get it sorted out ok

have fun