The mkiv Supra Owners Club

9k Rpm Limit

suprafan72

Tend to agree, We will see what a built race head does.... and see if i can get my QSV working...or not..... Reving too high does make me feel nervous I must admit.

Over a stock head I recon the race head will make a massive difference at the top end but in terms of low down power not so much. Have you managed to get the QSV working at all yet, enough to know if it makes a difference?

My old T67 setup used to be on full boost by 5,500 and it used to annoy the hell out of me. On the road it felt really laggy and on the track pulling out of slow corners it was even more annoying, 3rd gear massive Lag, 2 gear too much wheel spin.

My new setup is 1,000 revs earlier full boost and ill tell you what its like on track after next weekend :)

Over a stock head I recon the race head will make a massive difference at the top end but in terms of low down power not so much. Have you managed to get the QSV working at all yet, enough to know if it makes a difference?

My old T67 setup used to be on full boost by 5,500 and it used to annoy the hell out of me. On the road it felt really laggy and on the track pulling out of slow corners it was even more annoying, 3rd gear massive Lag, 2 gear too much wheel spin.

My new setup is 1,000 revs earlier full boost and ill tell you what its like on track after next weekend :)

For the size of the turbo it ain't laggy and 3rd gear pull seems excellent.... No the QSV ain't working yet... So we will see what happens when we do get it working.. Should help to be honest....I'm not too fussed about low end power either.. I've built it really for high end pulls and top speed events...

For the size of the turbo it ain't laggy and 3rd gear pull seems excellent.... No the QSV ain't working yet... So we will see what happens when we do get it working.. Should help to be honest....I'm not too fussed about low end power either.. I've built it really for high end pulls and top speed events...

Thats fair enough, if thats whats the car is built for then the turbo is prob fine for that use. The built head will make a big difference up the top end with a high lift cam in there :)

Yeah I think so... but i am the way of thinking that anything more than a 8,500 rpm limit is asking for trouble in the long term... I'm all for pushing the boundries of our engines... but I have visions of bits of destroyed rods coming out of the sump after a long highway pull...

I would tend to agree, the risk is prob not worth it. There are a few cars on the forum with raised Rev limits but not that many beyond 8k, mine included.

Im sure Ryan said he has now set it to 7700 on the ECU but my dash kicks in at 7200 which I may tune this weekend.