The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Theft detection system?

randy

I have central locking on my key which works fine but the alarm is not working? I don't know if they came with TDS alarm? If they did  I would like to know where the unit is located? I also have this red alarm flasher on the drivers side dashboard next to the windscreen which is not working? Can someone clue me in?

When I bought my Supra, the garage owner told me it had no alarm fitted because there is no car crime in Japan to speak of, somrthing to do with Samurai honour or summat

Obviously bo***cks

that I swallowed hook, line and sinker, that I have now realised since the Quentin Wilson TV prog, with the Dubai connection for stolen Jap cars.

Still, he got me to pay £500 for an alarm/immobiliser

IMHO some so called journalists talk out of their (insert word of choice)!  Some just don't like Jap cars that have not been sold in UK.  This is purely a personal opinion and not aimed at any one individual.

(Edited by Phil Wall at 8:54 pm on Mar. 3, 2002)

What that particular TV presenter failed to mention, was that approximately 400,000 UK cars are stolen and sold on in one year, I believe.  Kinda puts it in perspective.  If you have a second hand UK car it is more likely that that was stolen not your Supra.  

But he did such a good job at getting used prices of Jap imports down.  I wonder what the next scaremonger target will be.