The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Multicar policy

Neil-NA

I have been searching for a bit but not really found too much on the subject.

Basically i am looking to insure the supra and a rav4 in the coming months and was thinking maybe go for a multicar policy (like admiral) are the policys any good/work out any cheaper than if i was to do the supe on classic and normal for the rav.

Sorry for such a dumb question and i know i will only really find the answer by picking up the phone but has anyone already tried both routes.

Thanks.

I've not tried insuring the Supra on a classic policy yet, I will be next year when I go single as I think that will be a step too far for Admiral.

I personally wouldn't use anything else when insuring more than one car, where it is an option. This year I paid £794 to insure the Supra, a Mondeo ST TDCi and a Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec. Myself and my Wife are insured to drive all 3 cars, they are all set at 8k miles and neither of us have any points. I think the Supra worked out around £390. Mods were declared also.

Thanks Scott.

With Admiral how does your NCB work? is their a main car on the policy that you gain and use NCB with ?

There isn't really a main car. You choose which car you want to have the no claims used against, whichever one you choose is the one that will acrue also.

I called them up and managed to split my no claims at one point. It's usually good to have at least 1 years no claims on each car with obviously the most no claims going onto the highest policy.

Ahh i see, i have 10 years no claims now that i would put on the supe, but have been a named driver on the rav for the past 2 years.

Well i will speak to them when the time comes and see what they say.

Thank you.

Who is the main driver of the Rav? If they are going onto the policy too their no claims can be used on the policy also.

At the moment I have the following as far as no claims go....

Supra - 12 years NCB - I'm the no claims owner

Mondeo - 12 years NCB - I'm the no claims owner

Focus - 5 years NCB - Wife is the no claims owner

You can get a quote on their website. They tend not to do much else for you over the phone. Give the online quote a spin and that will give you a ballpark figure to barter with :D

The GF was the main driver on the rav but i am buying it off her as she has bought an Audi, i really dont want her on the policy though.

Why not? If there is an accident in one car... it only effects the person who covers the no claims ;)

It doesn't wipe out the whole policy. You should have a look into it, it's like having 3 seperate policies (for me anyway) but under 1 policy heading.

Might just have been an error on my part, will speak to them, i cant see why they wouldnt do imports as im sure there are quite a few with them on that sort of policy.

They do mate, I just did an online quote and it worked fine ;)