The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new member from hertfordshire

Guest cache

but the uk tt 6 are awesome though right? bare in mind im coming from a 210ish break car to what, 320 stock? i love my gears

Depends on the individual and your preferences really. I didn't consider an auto at all but if your budget wouldn't stretch to a manual, it may be a good idea.

Also yes, the UK TT6s are awesome :D

Guest cache

haha daaamn i was hoping youd say, welllll theyre alriiiight lol. gonna have to be a manual tt6 when i have enough dosh, no point buying an auto even if it is rapid :p i could put a pretend gear stick in and just pretend to change gears at the right time!

haha daaamn i was hoping youd say, welllll theyre alriiiight lol. gonna have to be a manual tt6 when i have enough dosh, no point buying an auto even if it is rapid :p i could put a pretend gear stick in and just pretend to change gears at the right time!

Or buy an NA and make a "tshhhh" sound when you change gear :D

Or buy an NA and make a "tshhhh" sound when you change gear :D

Honestly... I've been doing that a lot lately. I also pretend to go full throttle up to 4000rpm and then stick my foot to the ground suddenly. Makes me feel like a big boy.

Honestly... I've been doing that a lot lately. I also pretend to go full throttle up to 4000rpm and then stick my foot to the ground suddenly. Makes me feel like a big boy.

I've got a TT and still make the noise when I change gear :D

I don't want to fit a BOV though!

mega difference in price!

The only reason is because of rarity. There are only 600 UK specs out there (at the time of production - alot less now!). If you think they are a lot of money, you should see the ones with less mileage. I've seen standard UK specs go for £16k+ with less mileage.

Essentially it works like this:

Jspec = Low price / High insurance

UK Spec = High price / Low insurance

At the end of the day, costs probably work out about the same either way.

Welcome my fellow sgl'er. You have some sound advice down on here, now its a matter of saving up the cash and buying one!

My jump to a TT supra was from a 140bhp diesel Audi which was interesting to say the least....

If your based in Hertfordshire, im only in Loughton which is down the road (30mins apparently) - I dont mind taking you for a spin some day if you chip me £20 for petrol.

My little 2cents... My experience between insurance on a UK and import was minimal, as a 22yr old with 5 years clean license and 2 years NCB my insurance for my Import was £1200 (with mods declared) so it just depends on who you go for as it was exactly the same price to insure a UK TT... (maybe I was just lucky that day, I was as shocked as you probably are reading that price)

Also after a lot a research I found there isnt that much difference in speed between a manual and auto, obviously the only major factor is that driving a manual is a lot more fun than driving an auto (majority of the time) but driving my auto isnt too much of a downer.

Guest cache

hehe i may take you up on that offer when i can afford one dude :D sounds good to me, im 23 with 5 years driving with 5 years no claims too, with 1 sp30. i pay around 900 for my fn2 which i think is stupidly high for my 5 years ncb but oh well