The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Le Man 2011

MARTIN R

I am off for a week to Le Man next month, not in a Supe but a Fiat Coupe. I am tempted to sticker it up for the trip, any suggestions? . Would rather do funny than serious:D

Also any one else doing the trip this year?

Cheers

Martin

Me and Silversoop are also going to Le Mans, not sure which car yet though. We're debating on stickers or something silly too :)

I am looking forward to seeing you both there then. We will be inside the circuit near the Tram Station on the Technoparc.

H.

got my graphics only just today from hollo graphics a rather nice black sunstrip and race driver name and flag pretty cheap too gonna fit the sunstrip the day i go as its an outside fit one and only for the weekend and not mot friendly.....im really looking forward to lemans now its gonna be a tigh squeeze in the back for my sisters youngest lad though with all the camping gear as ive not got a boot in the supra any more

Hi martin yes there are 7 of us and two "little Hs" from the N/West going alas it looks like im the only supra going .......i think Tooley off here going down in his too but a different route to us

Cheers

-Ian-

Would be good to catch up for a beer!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there as usual in the Supra. We'll be in Le Bounty this year instead of the usual Houx though. It's a fishing lake out from the normal campsites so they have a bus to and from the circuit. Full english breakfast every day though! The pistonheads meet is there this year too on the Friday. Not doing stickers this year, can't be arsed...

I'll be there as usual in the Supra. We'll be in Le Bounty this year instead of the usual Houx though. It's a fishing lake out from the normal campsites so they have a bus to and from the circuit. Full english breakfast every day though! The pistonheads meet is there this year too on the Friday. Not doing stickers this year, can't be arsed...

How much is the camping there Simon?

How much is the camping there Simon?

It's not cheap, £200 for 3 nights/4 days! They also change per person, not per pitch. It does have its own pub, decent showers & loos, and you get breakfast and dinner (which we didn't actually know when we booked!). There's a free minibus to/from the circuit which no doubt we'll end up missing and get stranded at 4 in the morning... ;) It's south of Mulsanne somewhere. We basically left it too late to book Houx, and we can't be arsed with the non-allocated space camping areas these days since someone has to get there early to reserve a decent pitch for the group.

http://www.le-man-camping.co.uk/

I'm off as usual as well (been going since 03) .. We're going Wednesday morning 6:30 P&O and returning Sunday night.. Camping in Expo.. (opposite the Main entrance/ Next to pub, and has cover in the cow sheds for when it rains so you stay dry...Toilets, showers... bla bla.. £50)

Not taking the Westfield though.. I've bought a 1996 land rover Discovery off0roader for the trip that we can load up with beer! and it's got a little bit more room in it than the Westie..

Just seen the weather forecast for next week... Looks Wet, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday... Not looking forward to another trip in the rain - the last time it rained it was awfull and i spent most of it in the pub!... Actually.....Maybe that's a good thing?

Hopefully just a few light showers and nothing more... Fingers crossed..

I bet that isnt cheap wicked idea tho !! can we camp on the grass there :p lol

-Ian-

We're actually staying there for free, it's not what you know but who you know ;)

I really hope it isn't too wet, it rained on and off last year but with some brilliant sunshine some days.