The mkiv Supra Owners Club

gt28 twin turbos updated progress

fullthrottle

So what are we saying are the limiting factors of this setup?

Would you say 1.4 bar is the max boost even with these stronger turbos and that there is no point raising the boost further?

Standard Manifold not flowing enough?

EGT's too high?

Anything else?

• 5 months later...
Was wondering how you got on with these . Haven't seen an update for ages ?

Hi guys i work overseas and have not been back to the uk for 13 months but i do plan on getting home in may then i will be finishing of the latest updates and get it re-mapped with ryan hopefully we can wind these turbo's up to there max safe spec which is 1.7 bar, but i have bought a few items listed below that need installing to help me break the 500 bhp mark

264 cam shafts

stage 2 head

vernier pulleys

water injection

std inlet manifold but polished and ported

the only item i am waiting for is a modified exhaust manifold from the states which should decrease the the dip between the first and second turbo and help keep the egt's down i really hope after all this effort i achieve the goals that i am looking for and as soon as it's completed i shall post the updates.

I'm also very interested in this, and have followed the US threads by the sequention guru Stu Hagen. I'm guessing this is more or less the same setup that they are working on over there?

I'm interested in this, as here in DK going single is illegal due to taxing reasons. Therefore I'm interested if a setup with the same reliabilty of the OEM toyota setup but pushing 500-550 hp can be reached. It should be possible. Please update the thread with whatever info you can. I think we are many that will be able to benefit from this, as a perfect working 500hp sequential supra must be close to perfection for street and track, if you want to keep OEM look/feel.

I'm worried of the torque dip as well. Here is my chart from my very well running BPU:

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/public/DynoDecat.jpg

I'm also very interested in this, and have followed the US threads by the sequention guru Stu Hagen. I'm guessing this is more or less the same setup that they are working on over there?

I'm interested in this, as here in DK going single is illegal due to taxing reasons. Therefore I'm interested if a setup with the same reliabilty of the OEM toyota setup but pushing 500-550 hp can be reached. It should be possible. Please update the thread with whatever info you can. I think we are many that will be able to benefit from this, as a perfect working 500hp sequential supra must be close to perfection for street and track, if you want to keep OEM look/feel.

I'm worried of the torque dip as well. Here is my chart from my very well running BPU:

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/public/DynoDecat.jpg

Hi yes my set up is very close to his, i am confident that we will break the 500 mark, in the states they are claiming to have seen 594 whp on stu hagens car optimistic i know,

Now i no that i have bought items that where probably not needed like ( head,cams,water injection and syvecs) but i want to explore the full potential out of these turbo's as i want to stay twins and if i am not happy then i will buy a hks twin kit hence the reason also for these items, regarding the dip between turbo's there is a new kit that has been developed for this reason and has just gone on sale state side so i will also purchase that, from talking to the guys there it makes a big difference almost one big power curve,

as far as it being the perfect street setup well everybody's opinion is different but i can tell you that with that big torque hike, it pulls like hell and is really good for driving on the roads and overtaking.

Some people are asking for pics beleive me you can't tell it still looks stock and still manages to use the same heat shield unless someone new what they where looking for and noticed the coolant lines going into the turbo's you wouldn't no like i said earlier i am eager to get this finished and when i am home in a few months i will get straight on it and let you no the results.

Thanks for the intrest

HKS twins? ok. But still sequential?

Please post what you experience with the new setup you are looking at. Did you ever get the current really "done" before deciding for something else?

Really good to know that it is completly stock looking, as that is what I would need to stay legal over here. If the oil lines are the only differentiation thing from stock look, I'm guessing that can easily be routed and done so it looks OEM.

• 1 year later...